PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 12:00 AM
Lurker

Phone Insanity is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint SERO user must choose between Touch & 800w!

Greetings,

I need to select a phone for my SERO 500 plan. I got a basic phone (M520, power vision) to get in the door, knowing that I will be postponing the phone selection process. My realistic choices are:

Treo 800w (feel lukewarm about the colour/design)
HTC Touch (the new 6.1 version that has EVDO rev. A)
(I ruled out the HTC Mogul for various reasons.)

The 800w seems like a beautiful device on the INSIDE, but, on the outside, it's a different story. The biggest issue for me is the colour. I hate it! Electronic devices shouldn't come ONLY in blue. Then there is the needlessly recessed screen. If the 800w was black, grey, white, silver, basically, not a colour, I would have a hard time NOT buying it. But not like this. So, I am, right now, leaning in favour of the Touch, among these two. There is also the issue of price. Touch is $100 while 800w is $250.

I tried using both in a Sprint store, and I think they are responsive. The Touch has a better screen, in my opinion, but I would love a higher resolution on it.

I seriously need more "help," or at least information, making this decision. So, all of us that are customers with SERO who are looking for EVDO rev. A, in other words, a phone for right now, is it basically a choice between Touch vs 800w? (And Mogul...)

What else is in the mix, really? From what I understand, nothing at all.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC WP7 Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

jloden78 is keeping up the good workjloden78 is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint SERO user must choose between Touch & 800w!

i would personally go for the Touch. The touch has already been out for a while and the bugs have mostly been found. With the Treo...who knows!! Just my 2Cents
Old 07-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

venni187 is a n00b

go with the touch
Old 07-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 Diamond

nmazloum is a n00b

if you ask me, i would rather wait until September till the diamond comes out .
Old 07-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

It really all depends on what you need/like. If you want a keyboard and wi fi go with the treo or the mogul. If you want it to look sleek, and don't need a keyboard or wi fi go with the touch.
The major difference between the treo and the touch is that the treo has a keyboard and wi fi, but a smaller, recessed screen. While the touch has no keyboard and no wi fi, but is much thinner, has a bigger and flush screen. Lastly the mogul has a keyboard, wi fi, a big screen (recessed), but less ram.

-If you need a keyboard and wi fi, but like having the larger screen/device, but less ram, go with the Mogul.
-If you need a keyboard, wi fi, and ram, but the screen/device size is not an issue, go with the Treo
-If you don't need a keyboard, and wi fi, but need the ram and a larger screen as well as a thin device, go with the Touch.

they all have their own advantages and disadvantages, and it really all boils down to each individuals needs. Some like the mogul, some the touch, and others the treo, as for me I like the mogul, but have recently decided i don't need the keyboard or wi fi (or camera flash) and am probably gonna switch to the touch (if i really am over losing those things). Good luck with deciding, hope this helps. Although it probably wasn't anything u already didn't know.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue