PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Contacts Icon after Rom update

Weird things here...after installing the officual Sprint Rom for the Touch I no longer see the Contacts Icon in the program files, I mean I have to now open up Phone and in the sub menu then choose contacts...bit tedious.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Contacts Icon after Rom update

I have attached a zip of the Contacts.lnk file that belongs in your Programs folder. Download and unzip it and the copy the file to the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ folder and you should be ok.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Contacts.zip (268 Bytes, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-20-2008, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor

Many Many thanks
Old 07-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

You're welcome, glad to help.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vougue)

crazyatc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I have attached a zip of the Contacts.lnk file that belongs in your Programs folder. Download and unzip it and the copy the file to the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ folder and you should be ok.

Maybe I am a little slow...but I can't find Windws\startup in my list of folders on the phone. Can I just put the folder in the Program Filed folder? I never had a contact folder before the upgrade, which was something everyone kept telling me to look for.
Thanks
Old 07-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

It may be hidden if you are using the stock File Explorer but I am not sure as I use Resco File Explorer and then change the setup to show all files and folders. Either way, if you have the same problem as kwatcha, then you are actually looking for the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: VZW

scottishwarrior is keeping up the good workscottishwarrior is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to scottishwarrior

You can also try opening contacts, click on menu, click on options, then unclick show alphabetical index. That should put the a to z on the side of the contacts list.

Jay

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue