PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Backlight level based off time?

Im looking for an app that will allow me to have the backlight brightness change based off time... It would be even more awesome if the app got data from a weather site to get the sunrise and sunset times and advance the scale to that... It would just be nice cause it would save a good amount of batter and be really convenient...

If i had any sort of coding skills id totaly make it, but yea... i dont even know where to start... it would be awesome to code tho, lol... the sun integration would be sweet

Last edited by divxrippimp; 07-18-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:26 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Backlight level based off time?

I use mortscript to control my backlight with a button, but it does have time commands that you could use.. also there are weather scripts designed for s2u2, but s2u2 is not required to use these scripts.

that actually sounds like a great idea, I've been meaning to revamp the weather script i've been using anyway.

this is the script I have assigned to my vc button.
Code:
SetBacklight( 10,10 )
Sleep( 60000 )
SetBacklight( 5,10 )
Old 07-18-2008, 09:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

The idea is really awesome but you say it would save a great deal of battery life. I tend to disagree because if the data connection is active then you are eating away at the battery life you would have been saving from having the backlight dimmed.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:38 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, it would only need to connect once @ say 1am to get that day's sunrise/set
Old 07-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
Im looking for an app that will allow me to have the backlight brightness change based off time... It would be even more awesome if the app got data from a weather site to get the sunrise and sunset times and advance the scale to that... It would just be nice cause it would save a good amount of batter and be really convenient...

If i had any sort of coding skills id totaly make it, but yea... i dont even know where to start... it would be awesome to code tho, lol... the sun integration would be sweet
Phone Alarm will do this and more...
Old 07-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)
Threadstarter

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp

Phone alarm doesnt do this that i can tell, i got the newest version and it has almost no backlight settings features that i can find, especially time based ones...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue