PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 11:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible Future Touch Vogue Owner

i want to apologize for answering certain posts twice. i am still getting used to posting, etc. in this forum. appreciate your patience.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

whurst630 is a n00b

I dont know if your provider will be getting the touch pro but if they will be I would strongly consider waiting for that to come out. Its a combo of the mogul and the touch but even better. I have owned both. I am currently testing out the blackberry curve.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

dont know if i want to wait that long. i think sprint is supposed to get the pro.

As i posted earlier, sprint may require different plans to activate certain devices, in the near future as they did with the samsung instinct. these newer plans are much more expensive than my existing older plan. this is something i have to keep in mind.

the touch seems like it will more than suffice for me in the near future.
also, the touch vogue is of a great compact
size.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:31 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

You will be happy that U get a touch. U don't need to be a computer savvy at first. That's why PPCGEEKS is here to help out. Youtube, internet, live tv, sms, mms, GPS Touch can do it all. Just search here or ask if You cannot find the answers and there are hundreds of PPCGEEKS willing to answer. I hope U get the Touch early coz ur missing out already. Goodluck!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: "PPCGeeks....I just use Sprint for calls"

chicubs3794 is keeping up the good workchicubs3794 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
dont know if i want to wait that long. i think sprint is supposed to get the pro.

As i posted earlier, sprint may require different plans to activate certain devices, in the near future as they did with the samsung instinct. these newer plans are much more expensive than my existing older plan. this is something i have to keep in mind.

the touch seems like it will more than suffice for me in the near future.
also, the touch vogue is of a great compact
size.
i REALLY dont think sprint is stupid enough to require a new plan for the touch diamond or pro.
but hey, who knows with sprint?
Old 07-08-2008, 03:12 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
You will be happy that U get a touch. U don't need to be a computer savvy at first. That's why PPCGEEKS is here to help out. Youtube, internet, live tv, sms, mms, GPS Touch can do it all. Just search here or ask if You cannot find the answers and there are hundreds of PPCGEEKS willing to answer. I hope U get the Touch early coz ur missing out already. Goodluck!
thanks for the offer to help.

if i get the touch, rest assured i will be comin a knockin at the touch question door

with GPS, does one have to use a paid service or are there free apps?

Last edited by Biker1; 07-08-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:18 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubs3794 View Post
i REALLY dont think sprint is stupid enough to require a new plan for the touch diamond or pro.
but hey, who knows with sprint?
customers seem to be directed by sprint reps to get special plans or add to existing plans to get the centro. it just may be misrepresentation by the reps but the other boards seem to be swaying towards this new plan policy regarding smartphones in the near future but only time will tell.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint PCS

antoniouslj is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to antoniouslj Send a message via MSN to antoniouslj Send a message via Yahoo to antoniouslj

Quote:
thank you for taking the time to answer my questions one by one. i very much appreciate it.

dont know if i can hold out until september or october for the following reasons:
1) i am due for an upgrade august 1 which will be 22 months but i have approx. $300 in credits from sprint towards a new device.
2) the other 2 devices may not be as compact as the touch vogue due to the keyboard, etc.

3) i get a feeling that sprint may be requiring special plans to activate devices such as the touch, as they require of the instinct, in the future and would not want to take the chance of maybe having to swithc plans as i have a pretty good one now.
You should take a gander at the HTC Diamond (not the Touch Pro). It's actually smaller in size and thickness to the current Vogue, although it doesn't have a microSD slot... but it'll have 4GB of onboard memory and wifi capabilities. It should be out in september and definately worth a one month wait after your contract expires. I promise you won't regret it... Plus out of the box, the diamond should have most all functionality you'd want without doing any tweaking. It ships with GPS enabled and Opera installed. Check out some of the specs through Telus.

Last edited by antoniouslj; 07-08-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint PCS

antoniouslj is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to antoniouslj Send a message via MSN to antoniouslj Send a message via Yahoo to antoniouslj

Quote:
with GPS, does one have to use a paid service or are there free apps?
You can simply install Google Maps for efficient GPS functionality. I have Sprint Navigation currently installed on my Touch and still find myself using Google Maps over anything...
Old 07-08-2008, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: "PPCGeeks....I just use Sprint for calls"

chicubs3794 is keeping up the good workchicubs3794 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
customers seem to be directed by sprint reps to get special plans or add to existing plans to get the centro. it just may be misrepresentation by the reps but the other boards seem to be swaying towards this new plan policy regarding smartphones in the near future but only time will tell.
you dont HAVE to.
but its recommended because you can use internet and data intesive programs on it.
and you can just add on to your existing plan...$15 for unlimited
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue