PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6900
Carrier: Verizon

arianhojat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
new gpsviewer

i always see the GpsViewer.PPC300_2577.cab posted here. i saw a new version, but doesnt exclusively say for our phone, i tested it and it works. just looks different, who knows maybe it works better. anyone know if this SHOULDNT be run on our vogues?
http://www.holux.com/JCore/en/suppor...le/8176849.rar
that link is first link i see for GPS viewer here:
http://www.holux.com/JCore/en/suppor...loadCenter.jsp
Old 07-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann
Re: new gpsviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianhojat View Post
i always see the GpsViewer.PPC300_2577.cab posted here. i saw a new version, but doesnt exclusively say for our phone, i tested it and it works. just looks different, who knows maybe it works better. anyone know if this SHOULDNT be run on our vogues?
http://www.holux.com/JCore/en/suppor...le/8176849.rar
that link is first link i see for GPS viewer here:
http://www.holux.com/JCore/en/suppor...loadCenter.jsp
It's only a program. if it works then it WORKS! New one looks alot better

Last edited by negamann; 07-05-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VX6900 (Touch)

Magicality is becoming a great contributor

While it's nice, I think the HTC GPS Tool does a much better job, since it has an option to clear the memory of the GPSone chip.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicality View Post
While it's nice, I think the HTC GPS Tool does a much better job, since it has an option to clear the memory of the GPSone chip.
The HTC one only lets me set a minimum baud rate of 57600 which is lame. At least the one I tried
Old 07-05-2008, 07:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VX6900 (Touch)

Magicality is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
The HTC one only lets me set a minimum baud rate of 57600 which is lame. At least the one I tried
Do you ever observe the GPS messages coming through...please...Baud Rate basically means characters/second...Even locking onto 10 sats a baud rate of 9600 is PLENTY.

Also I just checked, my version does allow me to set it to 115200 ... But honestly, I highly doubt the chip even needs/supports those rates. Sure you can set them, but that doesn't mean that will be the speed your signal is coming in...It will be the same setting it to 19200.

Last edited by Magicality; 07-05-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:51 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicality View Post
Do you ever observe the GPS messages coming through...please...Baud Rate basically means characters/second...Even locking onto 10 sats a baud rate of 9600 is PLENTY.

Also I just checked, my version does allow me to set it to 115200 ... But honestly, I highly doubt the chip even needs/supports those rates. Sure you can set them, but that doesn't mean that will be the speed your signal is coming in...It will be the same setting it to 19200.
I played with that, the higher the baud rate...the farther I got away from where I really was. For more accurate reads, I set my device to 4800bps.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Can someone post a link to the HTC GPS tool? I've never even heard of it...

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

From my personal experience. I find that 38400 get me 7 satellites. anything above or below is 5. Ive tested every one. not like I use them all. but i feel more comfortable having more connections
Old 07-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Can anyone post the file here if its a cab. I cant seem to download it from my phone.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6900
Threadstarter

arianhojat is just getting started

Attached is the one i think everyone uses as a cab...
and the one i saw on website (just an exe that runs on phone) after u unrar the link i orig posted for the person who couldnt unrar it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gpsviewers.zip (72.9 KB, 290 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue