PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2008, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: motorola droid
Carrier: verizon

lilivo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Heeeelllllpppp!!!!

I dont know what i did, i really think my phone is mad at me because i tried the new instinct for a while, but i decided to come back home and as soon as i turned the phone on it started tripping. it came on at first then all of a sudden it will not turn on unless it is connected to either the usb or the power cable. then it will not go any further than the htc screen and it just restarts itself and keeps doing it over and over and over.... i dont know what to do, i tried the stickied thing for downgrading spl... didnt work, anyone had this happen to them? please help me.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
Re: Heeeelllllpppp!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilivo View Post
I dont know what i did, i really think my phone is mad at me because i tried the new instinct for a while, but i decided to come back home and as soon as i turned the phone on it started tripping. it came on at first then all of a sudden it will not turn on unless it is connected to either the usb or the power cable. then it will not go any further than the htc screen and it just restarts itself and keeps doing it over and over and over.... i dont know what to do, i tried the stickied thing for downgrading spl... didnt work, anyone had this happen to them? please help me.
It happened to me and there's no way out. I took mine to the local Sprint repair center where they exchanged it. I have no idea what happened either. I was sitting in a baseball stadium and the temperature was 92F when I felt it buzz from doing a reset in my shirt pocket. It started back up but it acted like the screen was rotated 90 degrees from the touch sensor and after a couple more resets, it no longer came up without being plugged into the wall. Unfortunately, the replacement also reset for no apparent reason, this time while sitting on a severely air conditioned train. But it appears there was no damage this time.

Last edited by markgamber; 07-04-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lilivo is a n00b

man i want to take it back but i dont have the regurlar sprint rom on it, i dont know if they will take it back with it flashed like it is.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started

They took mine back without the stock rom. The guy at the repair center told me that as long as there didn't appear to be water damage (per the indicator), it was no problem. Try it, it's not like they'll call the cops.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgamber View Post
They took mine back without the stock rom. The guy at the repair center told me that as long as there didn't appear to be water damage (per the indicator), it was no problem. Try it, it's not like they'll call the cops.
I had helmi's WinMo6 on my Apache/6700 and the technician called me on it and they still replaced it, I don't think they really care about what rom it has because they can just reinstall the OEM rom when they refurb it
Old 07-04-2008, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lilivo is a n00b

aite thanks i have to go take it back then, i'm about to do that now.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Wow! Never heard of thia problem. I hope i happens to me so then they replace mines on the spot and hopefully get a Touch with a good screen.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lilivo is a n00b

lol.. i took it in and i swear i think my phone just was mad cuz i tried to switch on it, cuz as soon as the representative took the battery out and put in back in it worked, sometimes u try everything and the simplest things are the ones that work. lol... but i know i tried that though, oh well it's working now so i'm happy, but that is some wierd ish.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue