PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 11:31 AM
JPK
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: Sprint

JPK is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how to get back WM 6.0

I'd like to get my phone back to the stock sprint 6.0 rom. I've upgraded to the official ship rom and back down to the leaked test rom. Phone has dsnever been unlocked. Would it be safe to just run the stock 6.0 rom or do I need to take extra steps to getting back to factory contidion?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Re: how to get back WM 6.0

Because you would be downgrading the radio, it's highly unrecommended. There is a good chance you can brick it. with that being said i think there is a tutorial in the upgrade forum on how to downgrade.

Why do you want 6.0 though? What did you like about it that 6.1 does not have?
Old 07-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

personally i love 6.1's features. the texting, spell checking, and its even easier to use the internet with zooming in and out. and it seems to run faster. that being said the only down size to it seems to be that my battery is dead by 3pm. where as before with 6.0 i used my phone till 10pm at least. i dont talk i just use data. any way to fix this?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

Try a few 'stockish' ROMs, my battery performance is close to double after upgrading to 6.1. I was using the PPCKitchen for a while, but now I'm using the WM from the Diamond. Both are great for battery life. If you just want something easier, search for Advanced Configuration, it is an easy graphically pleasing version of a registry editor with battery hacks you can activate.

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 07-01-2008, 10:45 PM
JPK
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Threadstarter

JPK is a n00b

I like everything the new features and performance of WM6.1 but I'm having internet issues with my phone that the registry edits didn't fix. It keeps showing "phone as modem now and then. I don't have pam on my phone. It does this while surfing the web on my phone. I've never even tried to tether with my phone. I didn't have this issue with the leaked test rom so I was comfortable installing the alleged official rom. "Phone as modem" started popping up while connecting so after a few days I decided to go back to the leaked test rom. For some reason it's happening with the leaked test rom too. So now I'm giving up on the gps and threaded text cause I don't want to find any extra fees on my bill.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

Like I said before, download the kitchen and do up a new ROM or get s different custom ROM like OMJ's http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30332 , I hear he does great work. Your problem is odd and (no offense) probably your own doing.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

downgrading the radio is perfectly fine, just don't go back to a 2.xx rom/radio that is where you run into problems. you can flash 3.35 just fine....
Old 07-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy View Post
Try a few 'stockish' ROMs, my battery performance is close to double after upgrading to 6.1. I was using the PPCKitchen for a while, but now I'm using the WM from the Diamond. Both are great for battery life. If you just want something easier, search for Advanced Configuration, it is an easy graphically pleasing version of a registry editor with battery hacks you can activate.

what rom are you running on yours? cus my battery life does seem to drain quicker however it may be that way because i having been playing with the features more trying to get used to them and all...
Old 07-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I'm running the Vogue 19588 ppckitchen. It's awesome.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

will that work with a sprint phone? or no?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue