PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: BELL

QkSi1ver is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
noob alert! question about OS

Hi,

I see various reference to Base, OS... in various roms etc
when ghetto says Base 5.2.19591 ...
Does that mean his windows mobile CE version from ghetto is most updated than the NFSFAN for example uses 19208.1.0.1?

How do i keep my windows updated? Is it like my windows pc...where i just click on windows update to automatically download patches? Or is this another procedure?

For instance if ive used NFSFAN's rom and want to update the windows mobile to the latest version, can i just use download update? Is that how it works?

thanks
Old 06-28-2008, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

AceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: noob alert! question about OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by QkSi1ver View Post
Hi,

I see various reference to Base, OS... in various roms etc
when ghetto says Base 5.2.19591 ...
Does that mean his windows mobile CE version from ghetto is most updated than the NFSFAN for example uses 19208.1.0.1?

How do i keep my windows updated? Is it like my windows pc...where i just click on windows update to automatically download patches? Or is this another procedure?

For instance if ive used NFSFAN's rom and want to update the windows mobile to the latest version, can i just use download update? Is that how it works?

thanks
To answer part of your question...
The only way to update your WM build is to flash a new ROM (read the stickied posts for info on this), which basically makes it like you just bought the phone (in the sense that all the previous apps you had installed, registry tweaks, settings, contacts, etc. are all deleted after a new rom flash).
About the version/build numbers...
I don't know which is which, but i do know that the 19208.1.0.1 (more commonly just 19208, or 19588 in the case of the newer vogue WM build) type numbering is what I see most people use.

HOW TO integrate all your custom settings and registry tweaks into a ROM..the EASY way!
Old 06-29-2008, 02:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: noob alert! question about OS

Its just a build number associated with the windows base install. It would be like having ProgX 3.2 or ProgX 3.3 However, for the most part, the build numbers do not matter if the rom works the wa you want it to. Build 19591 was taken from a Diamond, but seems stable and fast, which is why I use it
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue