PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm
Carrier: Sprint

...ill is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.1 Upgrade: Any issues with commonly used programs? S2U2?

I just completed the 6.1 upgrade and I am in the process of installing my programs. I wanted to see what issues, if any, people are having with commonly used programs (post upgrade).

For me, I noticed the following:

S2US 1.05 - The program installed fine, but when I try to configure it I get an error and a message box asking me to report the error. I was able to configure it, but when I get calls, I often do not get an option to answer the call. The phone will operate normally, but it will ring with no way to answer. I have since uninstalled it. Any one else have issues like this?

HHC v10final - this seems to work fine for me. I lost my music tab, but that does not matter to me. From what I read (and I could be way off here) the HHC may not be responsible for the missing tab.

I have not noticed any issues with other programs I use (Pocket CM, Google Maps, Live Maps or skyfire, ). I was aware of an issues with Skype before the install, so I did not even try it.

I am a total novice when it comes to this phone, so please bear with me it this post is worthless.

Any info you have would be helpful to me.

Thanks!!
Old 06-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff
Re: 6.1 Upgrade: Any issues with commonly used programs? S2U2?

s2u2 did the same thing I got around this error by first unlocking the phone there is a cab for this in the registry hacks thread. I also turned off error reporting, Since then it has run fine and the settings screen doesn't have any more problems.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

I also lost my music tab, but installing the latest version of HTC Home fixed that. Just make sure to uninstall HHC first, otherwise you get errors. I also had issues with pRSSReader, but the diamond based ROM fixed all the problems I had with that.

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 06-29-2008, 03:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

I also lost my music tab aswell which really killed me but I found this cab in the thread for the new rom. It gives your the home, weather, apps, ringtone, and music tab. I can't take credit for it and I don't know who origionally posted either. The one and only problem is the music tab will bring up WMP. I am sure it is nothin more than just a regedit to change it to audiomanager, but I haven't really looked into it. I hope this helps...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue