PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 12:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

RickRed40 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Registry change to prevent missed calls

I just got off the phone with Sprint Tech Support. Even with the upgrade missing calls in sleep mode continues to be an issue with the Touch. The rep said the only solution they know that works is a reigstry change which they will not support. It has to do with changing the number of rings on the phone. She said a setting should be changed from 3 to O.

Since I have no clue where in the registry this would be found and Sprint will not tell you, does anyone here know where to make this registry change and if you've done it, has it stopped you from missing calls in sleep mode.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:14 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Registry change to prevent missed calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRed40 View Post
I just got off the phone with Sprint Tech Support. Even with the upgrade missing calls in sleep mode continues to be an issue with the Touch. The rep said the only solution they know that works is a reigstry change which they will not support. It has to do with changing the number of rings on the phone. She said a setting should be changed from 3 to O.

Since I have no clue where in the registry this would be found and Sprint will not tell you, does anyone here know where to make this registry change and if you've done it, has it stopped you from missing calls in sleep mode.
HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone
Sleep=dword:1

Old 06-28-2008, 03:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I made this registry change. So far I haven't missed a call in sleep mode. However, since this did not happen all the time, It will take a few days for me to determine whether this solves the missing call in sleep mode issue 100% of the time.

Last edited by RickRed40; 06-28-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone
Sleep=dword:1
How does this effect battery life?

Since the OP said change value 3 to 0, are you sure he's not referring to the Slot Cycle Index?
Old 06-29-2008, 11:32 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post
How does this effect battery life?

Since the OP said change value 3 to 0, are you sure he's not referring to the Slot Cycle Index?
I'm sure this was the entry the Sprint Rep was referring to because she said "change sleep" to 0.

I can't say how this effects battery life as of yet because the last few days were days of heavy use, listening to music, going on the web, and on those days by battery drains very quickly.

One program I used on my phone which I'm certain helps with battery life is LED Killer. Here's a link:
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...-7.htmlnnoying flashing:
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue