PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 12:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bootloader says CoKe , How to Get Rid of it?

So I flashed new Sprint ROM thinking Vogue will automatically relock. But it did not and I'm still seeing CoKe 2.31 in bootloader. How do I get rid of it to get default Sprint/HTC message?

Thanks

Old 06-28-2008, 12:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: Bootloader says CoKe , How to Get Rid of it?

I would like to know how to get back to the default SPL as well
Old 06-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Sportsplayer612 is a n00b

You have to flash the unlocker 0.40 which will allow the new sprint rom to overwrite the old one that says 2.31 CoKe. Once you flash the 0.40 unlocker, just install the new sprint rom exe file and it will overwrite the 2.31 one and you'll be back to normal
Old 06-28-2008, 01:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

0.41 won't allow you to install the new ROM, I tried and it gets an error at 29%
Old 06-28-2008, 01:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Sportsplayer612 is a n00b

0.41 won't allow you to because that one is for 1.xx roms and the new one is a 3.xx rom. But if you download the 0.40 unlocker, it will allow you to install the new one. I had an error on mine at 23% but i tried it again and it worked.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:44 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

go back to the original ROM then flash coke .40 then go to the new rom.
this is only what i believ will work but i have no intention of ever locking my phone again so take this with a pinch of salt.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 06-28-2008, 07:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
go back to the original ROM then flash coke .40 then go to the new rom.
this is only what i believ will work but i have no intention of ever locking my phone again so take this with a pinch of salt.
Bad Idea... Downgrading has been proven to be unsafe for your device. It is STRONGLY recommended that once you upgrade, you STAY upgraded.

You need to run the .40.coke unlocker and then flash ONLY the SPL from the new Official ROM. That is the best way and it will work perfectly. I will add a tutorial with download links to my consolidated thread later today. Just be patient and wait for the tutorial to avoid any potential bricks.

Last edited by DHarvey; 06-28-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just went through this myself as part of troubleshooting some problems I was having, and there is a safe way to do it (as long as your not going back to an older ROM version in the end)!

First, make sure you have both the .40 unlocker and the new ROM ready.

Start off by running the .40 unlocker. Once the flash is complete, stop the device from booting, and put it in bootloader mode. Just in case you don't know how, this is done by holding the power and camera buttons while performing a soft-reset.

With the .40 three color bootloader screen showing, run the official rom update. It may hang at 29%, in which case follow the onscreen directions about removing the battery, waiting a few seconds, and then replacing the battery. It should then continue/restart the flash process, and it should run all the way through the second time.

That's it - you're back to 100% stock!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just have to add the warning that this is unsafe and will cause the issues people had with alltel bricking in bootloader if you aren't careful. Just make sure you have the EXE from your carrier before doing this!!!!! As long as you have a stock exe from the carrier you should be good, aka alltel and sprint (for GPS)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue