PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 -Diamond-
Carrier: Sprint

storino03 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to storino03
Is there a way to create a new icon when in a Rev A area?

It's hard to tell without doing a speed test and/or looking at sprint's coverage maps. Anyone agree?

--James
Old 06-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Is there a way to create a new icon when in a Rev A area?

As far as the WM Api is concerned, no... but if we can find a way to read the DRC Index we could find out if its Rev 0 or Rev A, indexes 0xd - 1536 kbps and 0xe 3072 - kbps are Rev A. 0x0 is 0kbps and 0x1-0xc are Rev 0. Does anyone know of a tut for reading radio data or do they know... ImCokeMan?
Old 06-28-2008, 02:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 -Diamond-
Threadstarter

storino03 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to storino03

anyone else?

--James
Old 06-28-2008, 03:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

^^Bump^^ I would like to know when I have Rev. A and when I do not as well because I live in the Kansas City metro area and on the coverage map, the entire area is BLANKETED in Rev. A but sitting at home, I can't ever seem to get Rev. A speeds.

I think there should be an Icon for EVDO, Rev. A, and 1X

That will make it pretty simple and I'm sure someone here has the technical know how to edit the DLL to get it to do this too.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:11 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

yup, gps and 6.1 had us awfully distracted didn't it. time to move on to new toys
Old 06-28-2008, 03:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
yup, gps and 6.1 had us awfully distracted didn't it. time to move on to new toys
Agreed. Everyone has 6.1 and GPS now so its no new thing anymore and it's yesterday's news.

I think the next project should be to get the Hardware Acceleration working properly. The guys over at XDA in the Kaiser forum are working pretty hard to optimize their devices, why aren't we? I know there are a handful of guys here who have gotten the Diamond ATI driver working on the Vogue but that is just a baby step.

READ HERE.

They are not only working on the Diamond ATI driver, but also the KS20 OpenGL ES drivers as well. They have a Kaiser pulling 136FPS using a 3D test application and the Diamond is only pulling 82FPS. That's major.

This is a quote from www.htcclassaction.org :

Quote:
Also note that the current driver will most likely only work on the HTC TyTN II, it's not exactly clear yet what is needed to get it working on other MSM7200/7500 based devices, but it is clear it will require a WM6.1 update for the device in question - or a port of some important files of the TyTN II's WM6.1 update.

For those who are wondering, this driver was hacked together from files from the KS20, the TyTN II's WM6.1 update, and the Diamond.
That's what I call development. Why is noone here that interested in getting that to work? This could(and would) seriously make our devices the ultimate PPC next to the Diamond or Touch Pro.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stealth-twinturbo is just getting started

I agree the video drivers on the touch are terribly slow, we need to create a new icon and futher the optimazation of our devices.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:59 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Somebody have a screen shot of the icon you are looking to replace? Or the new one in 16x16...

Old 06-28-2008, 08:10 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

we don't want to replace, but rather add an evdo r.A icon. so we know if were in rev.A or regular evdo.

also I realize this is a touch tread, but this would apply to any rev.A wm6+ phone

EDIT: just realized rstoyguy just want the image we want to have showing.... do you have the power, and just want to make/test before posting?
EDIT2 this is the standard evdo icon. I also zipped up all of the connection icons for idea's
Attached Images
File Type: bmp EVDO.bmp (130 Bytes, 37 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip connection bmps.zip (43.9 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by shaggylive; 06-28-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue