PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

vyoung10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cube not working after ROM update?

I tried posting this in the ROM thread, but man that moves to quick....

Rookie here, that needs some veteran help. After i updated to the new ROM, i noticed the old cube working fine. I did a restore to my old stuff throu sbp, which had the Macflo cube on it, but now the cube is just horribly wrong.

I think the easiest thing for me to do, is remove the Macflo Supernova cube (I already removed Macflo Maker) but for some reason i cant get the Supernova files to remove in the Settings -> remove programs way but it wont remove.

Need some help here, im so new to this it aint even funny.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

RickRed40 is just getting started
Re: Cube not working after ROM update?

I've been using Polen Vista Cube set and like you I discovered this cube is not working either.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vyoung10 is a n00b

any help?
Old 06-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7

After running the install and it not coming out of the installed programs list (I am assuming this is what you mean) can you swipe up and pull the stock cube up?

You may also want to look deep in to the macflo thread and see if you can find files posted by musciman that he put up after the alltel rom came out. Macflo would not work with this rom and ti was the fist one to break functionality. He made some changes and the new version worked fine. The problem may be the same on this rom.

Look for that if you want macflo, I will look to see if I still have those files on my pc, but I think that I deleted them.

If you can't get the stock cube to run and ti is probably something to do with macflo not installing I do not know what to do. You may be better off doing a hard reset than waiting for someone to come to your aid.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vyoung10 is a n00b

thanks, im so new to all this stuff, i got no clues to anything but ill look around
Old 06-26-2008, 06:27 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

MacFlo takes for-ev-er to uninstall because of all the registry values it has to delete. It could take over 3 minutes to truly uninstall, so if you click remove and then let the phone go into suspend mode (screen turn off) then you will get the "Did not Uninstall" message. Click the D-pad every once in a while to make sure the Remove process continues.

zero is right. I made a 3.xx version of MacFlo that worked with the first few 3.xx ROMs that came out, but as soon as TouchFlo v3 started getting put into ROMs that no longer worked either.

That's why I made MusicFlo. It's an actual program, not a skin, so it'll work with any ROM that is WM6 .Net2 or higher. You might want to try it out. MusicFlo

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vyoung10 is a n00b

thanks its not the macflo that won't remove its the supernova files. but im gonna try the music flo.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

RickRed40 is just getting started

I think all the Sticky's about the different cubes should be updated with regard to whether they will work with the upgrade. Some will not work nor will they uninstall. I found this to be true with the Vista Cube which was my favorite.

Last edited by RickRed40; 06-27-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: pre
Carrier: sprint

skyheli is a n00b
Cool Re: Cube not working after ROM update?

OK, I had to dig in the archives to see how the cube was originally created. This way I could start from scratch... or sort of.

I did a manual edit of the registry and added the " APLauncher2 " registry edits. after i did that, I tried to reload the Vista Cube 6 Sided. It took the changes this time. It sems like you need to make the first edits and then the Cube cabs stick.

I was able to use the Cube Customizer 3.0 to edit the cube. My six sided cube is BACK !!!!

Last edited by skyheli; 06-28-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue