PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: bell.ca

tichi is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Minimo slow on HTC Touch

Are there any users of Minimo around ?

I came across Minimo 0.2, but it is running very slow on my HTC Touch ..

and in addition it make task manager unresponsive.. (???)

Does any body know why?

Is it just that Touch is not powerful enough (cpu, mem),
or
something else, and if yes, how to correct that..

thanks!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Minimo slow on HTC Touch

Minimo was never fully developed. It was Mozilla's testbed for a mobile browser. A mobile version of Firefox is still in the works, but who knows when it will come out or if it will be any good.

In my opinion the best browser that is currently available is the the latest Opera Mobile from the Diamond (build 1184 I believe). Access' Netfront is also a nice browser, but it is still in more of a beta stage than Opera Mobile. Some people prefer the speed of browsers like Opera Mini or Skyfire that use an intermediary server and stream an image of the site to your phone. Skyfire also gives the advantage of being able to view online flash content, but unfortunately it is still in a limited beta.

My suggestion would be to give Opera Mobile a shot. It's my hands down favorite. I'll post links if you'd like.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:25 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

yeah i tried mimimo and it was awful. im happy with internet explorer for now. i also hear people are having too many issues with opera right now.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:44 PM
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
I also hear people are having too many issues with opera right now.
No issues here. Some of the really early builds weren't that great, but these latest ones are awesome. I'd say give it a try. I wasn't previously a fan of the desktop rendering style where you have to zoom in to read the text. This is great though. When you zoom in, it automatically reformats text to fit within the confines of the current zoom level. That way you don't have to pan left and right to read. I love it. Latest build is attached if you're interested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Opera v9.5 Build 1184 QVGA.cab.zip (4.03 MB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:04 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
No issues here. Some of the really early builds weren't that great, but these latest ones are awesome. I'd say give it a try. I wasn't previously a fan of the desktop rendering style where you have to zoom in to read the text. This is great though. When you zoom in, it automatically reformats text to fit within the confines of the current zoom level. That way you don't have to pan left and right to read. I love it. Latest build is attached if you're interested.

maybe ill try it out ? can this be installed / run from the sd card ?
Old 06-24-2008, 03:07 PM
VIP Member

I think by default it will put some files on the device. I believe that it is possible to alter it in order to place some of the files on the storage card, but I have never tried to myself.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Agreed..Minimo is just doo doo pie

I like the build of Opera ripped from the Diamond, personally.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: sprint

lotus is a n00b

It's not your phone; minimo is a dead-end project that never ran well on any piece of hardware. IE does almost everything, but if your into features go with opera-mobile and for speed opera-mini is king.

Lotus
Old 06-25-2008, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: bell.ca
Threadstarter

tichi is just getting started

Thank you guys.. I'll try Opera mobile then..

Though "Firefox Mobile" would be nice to have...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue