PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Lurker

Vret is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery drain while on charger?

I recently got a xv6900 and love it, but I've come across one issue. The battery gets drained while connected to a car charger.

The situation is this. I unlocked my phone, flashed OMJ's custom Verizon ROM and I have the 3.37.15 GPS radio. I've installed CoPilot Live 7 and keep the phone in a cradle and plugged into a car charger while using the navigation. Every time I unplug it after using the GPS for a extended period of time I notice that the battery has run down. 100% to 60% after about 6 straight hours of use on a long drive.

The charger is plugged into a accessory port so even when the vehicle is off it can still charge. Could the charger I have just not supply enough power? Its the same one I've been using for a while with 2 previous mini-USB phones. Is there a specific car charger I need for this device?
Old 06-22-2008, 12:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

MightyM0use is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MightyM0use Send a message via MSN to MightyM0use
Re: Battery drain while on charger?

Take a look at the amperage that your wall changer gives you(1 amp) and then compare that to the car charger you are using. The voltage may be the same but if the amperage is not enough it won't work. the car charge may have enough amperage to charge your phone while its off or in standbye but not when it's doing something that takes a lot of juice like navigation.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Agreed. My guess is CoPilot is taking more power to run than your car charger is putting out.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: sprint

dag16 is a n00b

Also,
try making sure active sync is off. several of my chargers turn it on when i plug them in, and it slows down the charging significantly.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:22 PM
unr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

unr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to unr

I get that same problem from time to time. Using the 3.37.10 w/ OMG's v2 rom. Usually when I run tomtom it just maintains the power level while charging. So if I started with 70% it will end with 70%.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue