PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 02:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

theToucan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I Need Help Bad (I've tried everything)

I accidently ran some PPST for Bell early this evening (I think it was and that's what caused this) and then my phone said it was roaming. So I tried to flash JDs new rom and it still said roaming. So I tried to redo everything and followed the instructions for going back to the orignal software, but I let the customizations run and then my phone said it was Bell (oh and during this whole thing I couldn't do data and now i can't even make calls). I tried going back to an older radio but ended up bricking my phone. So I followed instructions on how to unbrick it. I still have 3.37 and now I still have a phone that thinks its Bell despite numerous flashes.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:30 AM
kbl
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell

kbl is becoming a great contributor
Re: I Need Help Bad (I've tried everything)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theToucan View Post
I accidently ran some PPST for Bell early this evening (I think it was and that's what caused this) and then my phone said it was roaming. So I tried to flash JDs new rom and it still said roaming. So I tried to redo everything and followed the instructions for going back to the orignal software, but I let the customizations run and then my phone said it was Bell (oh and during this whole thing I couldn't do data and now i can't even make calls). I tried going back to an older radio but ended up bricking my phone. So I followed instructions on how to unbrick it. I still have 3.37 and now I still have a phone that thinks its Bell despite numerous flashes.
Who is your carrier? If you are Sprint or Alltel then flash either one of those official ROMS (by official I mean, Sprint Leaked or Alltel 6.1 Leak) and let the customizations run... and then run PPST. I think that should put you back on the network.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:21 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I tried that. It still tries to dial Sprint PCS when I access data, but then it fails.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Then you didn't flash a complete update.

The shipped roms include everything from bootloader to radio, os, and extended rom. If you flash back to the complete version of a Bell shipped rom, there's no way it would try to dial sprint.

You're not restoring a backup after flashing, are you?
Old 06-18-2008, 07:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I've flashed every Sprint rom, and even the alltell minus the customizations + a sprint rom and I still cannot get my phone to do anything but say that I'm on BellMobility.
What should I do?
Old 06-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try ##786 Talk or ##786#. This should work
Old 06-19-2008, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

NFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to NFSFAN

Your EPST and NAM is a mess. I understand that you are on the Sprint Network. What you need to do is re-register your phone on the Sprint network. Please follow the steps below:

1. Extract SprintPRL, run PPSTPatch.exe follow the instructions
2. When complete, extract SprintPRIUpgrade, and copy it onto your phone in program files, and run the cab from your phone. It will install and reboot.
3. After use file explorer to find a file named PPST in windows directory and run it, it will upgrade you PRI. Allow it to reboot.
4. Your phone should now be working.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sprint PRL.zip (834.4 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Sprint PRI Upgrade.zip (160.9 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSFAN View Post
Your EPST and NAM is a mess. I understand that you are on the Sprint Network. What you need to do is re-register your phone on the Sprint network. Please follow the steps below:

1. Extract SprintPRL, run PPSTPatch.exe follow the instructions
2. When complete, extract SprintPRIUpgrade, and copy it onto your phone in program files, and run the cab from your phone. It will install and reboot.
3. After use file explorer to find a file named PPST in windows directory and run it, it will upgrade you PRI. Allow it to reboot.
4. Your phone should now be working.
I'm interested to see if this works. If it does it might be worth adding to my Consolidated Tutorial, with your permission of course.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue