PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slingbox HELP

I have a slingbox AV and will be upgrading to the HD.

Does anyone have some configurations for me for OPTIMAL streaming performance?

There is a slight lag right off the install.

Anything in Encoding or Advanced settings i should know about?... i don't wanna just mess with it then get a real bad stream. Whats the best offset?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Slingbox HELP

Make sure that you're running the latest version (it's been optimized for mogul/touch) - you can actually change the audio/video lag in the settings (if that's the lag you're referring to..)

-mark
Old 06-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by diomark View Post
Make sure that you're running the latest version (it's been optimized for mogul/touch) - you can actually change the audio/video lag in the settings (if that's the lag you're referring to..)

-mark
thanks mark, i do have the latest version.
i suppose thats the video offset right??

what are your settings? what seems to work best for you?

jsut tryin to get an idea
Old 06-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
thanks mark, i do have the latest version.
i suppose thats the video offset right??

what are your settings? what seems to work best for you?

jsut tryin to get an idea
For my a2dp stereo headset, I use -25 (the regular speaker needs a different value.. but -25 works great for my headset.. your results may vary )
-mark
Old 06-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

Quote:
For my a2dp stereo headset, I use -25 (the regular speaker needs a different value.. but -25 works great for my headset.. your results may vary )
-mark
alright...

how about the slight lag on the video... the audio and video are fine together, but the pic is tiny bit choppy, like a basketball game isn't so smooth.... is that just my data connection? and what exactly does the Action setting do (low/medium/high)?
Old 06-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
alright...

how about the slight lag on the video... the audio and video are fine together, but the pic is tiny bit choppy, like a basketball game isn't so smooth.... is that just my data connection? and what exactly does the Action setting do (low/medium/high)?
I use medium.. but for sports you'd probably want high..

Don't forget it's limited by your upload bandwidth (where the slingbox is located) as well.. It's not perfect, especially for sports, but it's definately watchable
-mark
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

Quote:
I use medium.. but for sports you'd probably want high..

Don't forget it's limited by your upload bandwidth (where the slingbox is located) as well.. It's not perfect, especially for sports, but it's definately watchable
-mark
i'm happy to hear its limited to bandwidth... i think i live close to the hub cuz my upload averages around 2000... from what i've heard thats pretty good

thanks mark, you've been a great help..
Old 06-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

now i'm kinda upset... thought my work has windows2000 but its win98 is there any way to get slingplayer running on this OS?

i could just view it on the phone, but a 17" screen is waaaay better than 2.8" lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue