PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2008, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SCI730 -> XV6700 -> XV6900 -> TP2 -> Droid Incred
Carrier: VZ

escribzz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3.35 radio buring out the radio?

I have a picture of two touches side by side I can post, one with the 3.35 radio and the other stock. One has horrible signal quality and the stock is 100% Been running the 3.35 radio for over a month now and the signal is degrading daily....
Old 06-11-2008, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SCI730 -> XV6700 -> XV6900 -> TP2 -> Droid Incred
Carrier: VZ
Threadstarter

escribzz is a n00b
Re: 3.35 radio buring out the radio?

Just changed to sprint with the same resception. did new roaming and profile downloads no change... I'm wondering if that radio harmed the phone
Old 06-11-2008, 03:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

This is a good point. I really would like to know if this is true as well because when I first upgraded to the Titan radio my phone had full bars almost everywhere and I have also noticed that it is slowly becoming worse...

Downgrading back to the original radio will not help as the 3.35 radio is still there, only it is in a part of the phone that is non-accessible.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

edbro is a n00b

I've noticed less bars but, interestingly, I haven't noticed a reduction in the ability to connect or the quality of the signal. I can still connect in fringe areas of coverage just like always.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I ran the Titan radio until the Sprint leak came out. I haven't noticed a reduction in bars, quality, or anything like that. I have just as many bars at home as I did with the Titan radio and the original stock radio.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff

My 2 cents...

I notice my bars getting weak as well... abd due to another problem I decided to downgrade to the original rom and radio (I KNOW NO ONE RECOMENDS IT BUT I DID IT ANYWAY).

For my surprise the 100% bars were back... and the other problem was resolved too, but there's no way I will keep this no REV-A and GPS rom... so I proceed to upgrade it.

I then proceeded to install the original leaked rom without unlocking it first... it stops at 10% gives the 3 bar screen but after a while I get back to the 10% and it continues upgrading with no problems until the end.

I now have my 100% bars again!

Now... I would not recommend this since I've done it only once... but just wanted to share my experience...
Old 06-14-2008, 12:19 PM
VIP Member

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

I switched back to the Vogue 3.37.15 radio and all of a sudden I have all of my bars back. GPS locks almost instantly usually with around 9 sat's. Rev. A speed tests are coming back 1500-2000 kbps download.

Here is what I did:

Flash Sprint Test ROM
Flash SUPER CLEAN ROM that I just made.
Flash Ghettofreeryders v700 ROM

Now I have those super fast speeds and satellite locks and lots of them while still retaining stability and performance.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

rrife is a n00b

I just got a new Verizon Vogue a few days ago and the signal quality was excellent. After installing OMJ's rom I've notice that the signal strength has gone down over the past couple of days and people on the other end of the call claim my voice is constantly breaking up. On the flip side I've noticed my EDVO data connection is much better and I get higher speeds....so I've been using SIP over EDVO instead of a regular voice connection.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:25 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrife View Post
I just got a new Verizon Vogue a few days ago and the signal quality was excellent. After installing OMJ's rom I've notice that the signal strength has gone down over the past couple of days and people on the other end of the call claim my voice is constantly breaking up. On the flip side I've noticed my EDVO data connection is much better and I get higher speeds....so I've been using SIP over EDVO instead of a regular voice connection.
My guess as to the reason that is happening is because you are using a Sprint or Alltel Radio on a Verizon phone. That could explain the crappy call quality.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

gottria is a n00b

I bought a used Sprint Touch and it already had 3.37.15 on it so I don't know what it was like before. I will tell you that the Centro I used before has more bars than my hacked Touch. Calls seem just fine and sound good, no dropped calls, or should I say no more than my Centro.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue