PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2008, 04:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: elfin 100

Crypt!c is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation new elfin

hi, i own a elfin with 256mb rom and 128mb ram.

i would like to flash to a new rom and i read about all these unlocking information. however, im still confused as this forum is for Vogue. im also not sure about the benefits of flashing to a new ROM. my elfin has Wifi, so would it be helpful if i want to ger EVDO or Rev-do. does it help improve my wifi speed?

another thing is that does my elfin have a gps chip inside and if i flash to a new Rom, would it enable the gps like most of you said.

i hope to get the same effects as the diamond in terms off the picture scrolling and the contacts flipping.

thx for reading my post!

cheers,
Crypt!c
Old 06-11-2008, 09:47 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Re: new elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypt!c View Post
hi, i own a elfin with 256mb rom and 128mb ram.

i would like to flash to a new rom and i read about all these unlocking information. however, im still confused as this forum is for Vogue. im also not sure about the benefits of flashing to a new ROM. my elfin has Wifi, so would it be helpful if i want to ger EVDO or Rev-do. does it help improve my wifi speed?

another thing is that does my elfin have a gps chip inside and if i flash to a new Rom, would it enable the gps like most of you said.

i hope to get the same effects as the diamond in terms off the picture scrolling and the contacts flipping.

thx for reading my post!

cheers,
Crypt!c
First of all, welcome!

Secondly, the Elf and the Vogue are two completely different phones, so none of the ROMs here will work on your phone.

You might try going to http://forum.xda-developers.com since they have more Elf users than we do. There are lots of ROMs and customizations there. Just scroll down to the Elf forum. I think you'll be happy with what you find!

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:25 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Crypt!c is a n00b

thx.

but am i going to be able to be able to activate gps and whatever revdo to increase the speed of my internet.

waitwait. does revdo or whateva improves my wifi speed?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:29 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypt!c View Post
thx.

but am i going to be able to be able to activate gps and whatever revdo to increase the speed of my internet.

waitwait. does revdo or whateva improves my wifi speed?
I am pretty un-educated on the differences between the elf, elfin, vogue & touch ... but here goes.

It is my understanding that the biggest difference is that the elf/elfin are GSM phones. Does your phone have a SIM card? If so, it is (probably) GSM and thus, this forum will not benefit you much as the Touch/Vogue is a CDMA phone.

If nothing else, I am sure that if I have replied with inaccurate information, somebody will come along and correct me.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-11-2008, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: "PPCGeeks....I just use Sprint for calls"

chicubs3794 is keeping up the good workchicubs3794 is keeping up the good work

naw, i think you got that right on the dot lol.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the Rev A upgrade that is discussed for the vogue has nothing to do with wifi, as the cdma carriers decided not to include the wifi on their version of the touch. It is actually in reference to the actual data speed that the phone is tx/rx.

hope that clears your confusion.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:08 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

so no, EVDO and EVDO Rev-A are both internet that is offered by some cdma phone companies. it has nothing to do with wifi.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:54 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Crypt!c is a n00b

alright so now i get it. CDMA phones dont have sim card.
so there is nth i can do to activate gps on my phone right?

since evdo rev-a are out of the question.

thx for answering my question.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue