PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 11:05 AM
N00b

nickf126 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Upgrade question

First off, please understand that I am NOT asking for any illegal advice.

I see that there are many people on this site who seem to upgrade their phones every 3-6 months. I was wondering how they do it. I am with Verizon, and I tried to see what discounts were available to me for the Touch Pro, but they quoted me full retail because I just got a NE2 in April 2008. Is there a discount code, or any other legitimate way to apply discounts that you guys know of? Thanks for any help provided.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Verizon Upgrade question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickf126 View Post

I see that there are many people on this site who seem to upgrade their phones every 3-6 months. I was wondering how they do it. I am with Verizon, and I tried to see what discounts were available to me for the Touch Pro, but they quoted me full retail because I just got a NE2 in April 2008. Is there a discount code, or any other legitimate way to apply discounts that you guys know of? Thanks for any help provided.
Confusing question, are you asking about upgrades or software updates or what?? I don't understand what discounts have to do with upgrades or updates!?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:36 PM
L0c0

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm going to venture a guess...

most of the folks who "upgrade" every 3 months are not doing it directly through Vzw. Most I'd say are finding phones used/discounted(ebay) or are paying full price for them.

find your local craigslist.org that could be a good place to start.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
Confusing question, are you asking about upgrades or software updates or what?? I don't understand what discounts have to do with upgrades or updates!?
upgrade in actual phone, not in software
Old 12-09-2008, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickf126 View Post

I dont know about verizon but sprint has a retentions dept that usually pretty reasonable in working out deal with there customers who are unhappy with there hardware... see if verizon has a similar dept and try them
Old 12-09-2008, 05:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nickf126 is a n00b

Sorry for the confusion--I do mean the actual phone. I think I will give it a try with Verizon retention department, if they have one.

On another note, I seriously doubt there are many deals to be had on ebay for such a new phone as the pro.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue