PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Verizon Upgrade question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48306)

nickf126 12-09-2008 11:05 AM

Verizon Upgrade question

First off, please understand that I am NOT asking for any illegal advice.

I see that there are many people on this site who seem to upgrade their phones every 3-6 months. I was wondering how they do it. I am with Verizon, and I tried to see what discounts were available to me for the Touch Pro, but they quoted me full retail because I just got a NE2 in April 2008. Is there a discount code, or any other legitimate way to apply discounts that you guys know of? Thanks for any help provided.

majorassface 12-09-2008 11:26 AM

Re: Verizon Upgrade question

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickf126 (Post 568018)

I see that there are many people on this site who seem to upgrade their phones every 3-6 months. I was wondering how they do it. I am with Verizon, and I tried to see what discounts were available to me for the Touch Pro, but they quoted me full retail because I just got a NE2 in April 2008. Is there a discount code, or any other legitimate way to apply discounts that you guys know of? Thanks for any help provided.

Confusing question, are you asking about upgrades or software updates or what?? I don't understand what discounts have to do with upgrades or updates!?

L0c0 12-09-2008 12:36 PM

I'm going to venture a guess...

most of the folks who "upgrade" every 3 months are not doing it directly through Vzw. Most I'd say are finding phones used/discounted(ebay) or are paying full price for them.

find your local craigslist.org that could be a good place to start.

crazaytalent 12-09-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majorassface (Post 568043)
Confusing question, are you asking about upgrades or software updates or what?? I don't understand what discounts have to do with upgrades or updates!?

upgrade in actual phone, not in software

crazaytalent 12-09-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickf126 (Post 568018)

I dont know about verizon but sprint has a retentions dept that usually pretty reasonable in working out deal with there customers who are unhappy with there hardware... see if verizon has a similar dept and try them

nickf126 12-09-2008 05:16 PM

Sorry for the confusion--I do mean the actual phone. I think I will give it a try with Verizon retention department, if they have one.

On another note, I seriously doubt there are many deals to be had on ebay for such a new phone as the pro.