PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Htcclassaction.org Making Serious Progress!!!!!!!!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27236)

DHarvey 05-21-2008 03:33 PM

Htcclassaction.org Making Serious Progress!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT::
WHY DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS HAVE TO TURN EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN THREAD INTO AN ARGUMENT?

STOP FIGHTING AND KEEP THIS ON TOPIC!!! IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY THEN GO B1TCH SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

-Mods please forgive me but I really can't stand when this kind of thing happens and it happens all to frequently. I really don't know how you do it...

This has been quoted directly from www.htcclassaction.org. It seems very interesting and is raising my hopes a little.

Take a minute to read this...

Quote:

Update May 21, 2008: HTC's WM6.1 Update is here (?), ROM analysis and video driver news.

Several sites, including MoDaCo, report the HTC TyTN II Windows Mobile 6.1 and Performance Update is here. They link to a leaked version, but the rumor is this will be released official in the next few days. Before continuing reading, you really should read Paul (MVP)'s post, found at the previous link. Indeed, this ROM is somewhat faster, but does not contain full drivers. But don't stop reading now, there's a lot of very interesting stuff still following!

Meanwhile, what seems to be an Dutch version of the same ROM was already leaked on XDA Developers. We cannot confirm 100% that this is the Dutch (NLD) version of the WWE ROM MoDaCo mentioned above, but we're mentioning it anyway, because there is some other very interesting information about this ROM following (which we have not verified yet is also true for the WWE ROM). First, let's see the 'names' of these ROMs:

WWE (MoDaCo): RUU_Kaiser_HTC_WWE_3.28.405.0_radio_sign_25.83.40. 02_1.65.16.25_Ship NLD (XDA): HTC_NLD_3.29.404.0_radio_sign_25.83.40.02_1.65.16. 25_Ship

Similar, aren't they! Let's get down to the juicy stuff! The NLD ROM has an impressive graphics speed improvement on paper, which seems to be mainly due to improved BitBlt performance (BitBlt is used for copying graphics data between places in memory, very important for drawing operations - but many other processing intensive calls are used as well).

Before we continue on that point, there's something else you should know. There is also a leaked Diamond ROM. We have pulled this ROM apart and guess what: it has graphics drivers! They follow the same structure as the KS20 drivers too, with the "ahi2dati" driver at the core of the hardware accelerated graphics, talking to the hardware. It seems to be a bit more compatible with the current Kaiser ROMs, but note we have not compared the internal calls (yet!) to the new leaked NLD and WWE ROMs. Also note that because of this construct, it does not seem to be possible do drop in the libgles_cm hardware 3D driver.

Now it gets really interesting... One of the hackers working on the KS20 drivers has looked at the NLD ROM, and while the NLD ROM does not include the ahi2dati driver, it seems the ddi driver (ddi driver takes care of normal 'windows' drawing operations) on the NLD ROM includes code originally from the ahi2dati driver. Though it is still too soon to be sure, we suspect the NLD ROM uses hardware for BitBlt operations... and only for BitBlt operations.

If this is true, it would definitely open doors to bringing full hardware acceleration to the TyTN II, and possibly other MSM7x00 based devices. We have a TyTN II ROM that somehow touches the accelerated video hardware (NLD, probably WWE), we have fully accelerated drivers from HTC (Diamond), and we already have some prior experience due to the KS20 drivers. Throw them all together and it suddenly becomes a lot more likely the community will be able to bring full graphics drivers to the affected devices. Interesting times! Stay tuned, the effort has already begun!

shaun0207 05-21-2008 03:48 PM

Re: Htcclassaction.org Making Serious Progress!!!!!!!!!!!

Does seem very interesting. Glad some headway is being made. Said this is they up and introduced this new device on us that everybody gonna be trading in their current devices for .

DHarvey 05-21-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaun0207 (Post 290983)
Does seem very interesting. Glad some headway is being made. Said this is they up and introduced this new device on us that everybody gonna be trading in their current devices for .

Not me... If they release the new device, then someone will take the new features from the new device and port it to the older devices so as far as I'm concerned, I'm sticking to the Touch and maybe after I effectively kill this one I will get the diamond. My only real PROBLEM with the Diamond is that it only comes with a 900mhz processor.

shaun0207 05-21-2008 03:57 PM

I love getting new toys. I wont get the Diamond, but I will get the Rapheal (whatever its called) when its released.

storino03 05-21-2008 04:00 PM

Diamond has a 525MHz processor, by Qualcomm.

--James

Soul_Est 05-21-2008 04:01 PM

This is interesting! Can't wait to see how this turns out. I'll see if I can get datasheets on the different chipsets the phones are using and see if they're similar enough. I believe it'll help a lot with the porting efforts as the hackers won't be hacking blind.

mswlogo 05-21-2008 04:05 PM

This is all so stupid it isn't even funny.

All this will do, is in the future make it more difficult to get updates, poke around, more paper work to sign that they are not liable.

Bye Bye Leaked ROM's.

HTC can do what ever they want. Did they promise new Video drivers when you bought it.

robj19 05-21-2008 04:05 PM

I'm patiently waiting to have the diamonds interface on my 6800.

Nobi125 05-21-2008 07:58 PM

This is awesome. Hope something comes out of it.

robertzas 05-21-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 291017)
This is all so stupid it isn't even funny.

All this will do, is in the future make it more difficult to get updates, poke around, more paper work to sign that they are not liable.

Bye Bye Leaked ROM's.

HTC can do what ever they want. Did they promise new Video drivers when you bought it.

i dont think you actually have any idea what your talking about. Leaked roms might actually be introduced ON PURPOSE! just like leaked info on phones to drive buzz in the market that will pay the premiums. Why not introduce these roms to people who understand that it isnt a full release and expect no support or stability. they can monitor the forums, and enjoy free widespread beta testing. you have no idea what "this" will actually do.

All that notwithstanding this statement is also, not just inaccurate, but plain wrong:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 291017)

HTC told their customers they were getting the msm7500 chipset. the msm7500 chipset has the ati graphics card integrated, its not optional like the wifi module. Hey how are you to assume because the chipset has the hardware built in, and the device was advertised with "3d graphics" that an INTEGRAL part of the chipset would be PURPOSEFULLY DISABLED. And lets be frank here, it is DISABLED, why would a company(qualcomm, in this case) release a chipset without the drivers.

plainly it was because they wanted to release a future device on the cheap with the only change being the drivers a la the touch cruise.

So if you baught a v8 car, and found out 2 months later that it actually has, and only will run on 4 cylinders would you just bend over and say "hey, just cause they advertised 8 cylinders doesnt mean that combustion actually has to happen in all 8" That is exactly what happened to EVERYONE, not just the people who know.

heres a demo ive seen a few times: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJWAu6IRe4