PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2008, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nakedcellphone 2400 mAh Battery w/cover review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcnarly View Post
I was going to order the Seidio 2000 mAh batter and cover but since shipping to Hawaii was going to cost me $20, I decided to get the one from Ebay sold by Nakedcellphone - EXTENDED BATTERY 2400mAh FOR SPRINT HTC TOUCH XV6900.
LOL!!!!!! That was exactly what I said...I was getting ready to order a battery and I was like 20$ for shipping!?!?! the damn thing costs like 4$ to ship.

Then I said ahfugedaboudit!

I managed to get by with my regular battery by just getting over the urges to use to non stop.

I'm sure if I had a bigger battery i'd have a lot more fun though.

Thanks for the tidbit on the ebay battery! I might take the plunge!
Old 05-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Zammer is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Zammer

Well I got mine last Friday - not much time to really stress the first charge - but it lasted until today before needing its second charge. Seemed to really not get below 30% for almost a full day of my usage (subjective to my habits)

So far so good !! And I am impressed after being used to chargin at minimum once a day, sometimes twice.

And to add, the bigger case cover is just like the oem one. Same rubberized coating feel.
excellent fit and quality IMHO
Old 05-13-2008, 05:55 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Just wondering if this seller is modifying the battery door to fit the Sprint Touch. Mugen Power http://www.mugenpowerbatteries.com/ is still only showing the Elf extended battery. I also read several threads somewhere else where posters showed communication with the mugen supplier and they had no plans to make one for the Sprint Touch.

"I am sorry that you may have been misled. We are the North American distributor for Mugen Power products. We also believe that there is a desire for the battery to work with the Sprint Touch. But, because Sprint made small modifications on their product that is specific to their market, Mugen has found that the investment to develop a cover for this device outweighs the possible sales return for it.

This may leave a nice opening for our competition. But it is only the Sprint version that the battery cover does not fit. On the HTC version (available in Canada from Telus), the battery and cover fit fine.

You also have to take into consideration the life cycle of a device. By the time a cover could be developed and on the market, the Sprint Touch would be yesterday's news (so to speak). I believe that is what Joey_720 was trying to say. And it is also important to know this is the reason why we are working on the development of batteries for the HTC Touch Cruise and HTC Touch Dual.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know. We'd be glad to help.

Mark
Customer Service"

This seems to be the only person/place selling these and I was just curious as I am looking for one myself.

Last edited by gullzway; 05-13-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO+

CaptainMorgan is a n00b

http://www.lionbattery.com/descripti...noproduit=1610

Holy crap is it ever expensive!! But, if the Seidio battery at 400mah less is too little then you have a Sprint Touch fitting back cover at a premium. Or the more obvious choice and buy from Nakedcellphone.

Damn! Just noticed that they are using EXACTLY the same cover that Nakedcellphone has.

Last edited by CaptainMorgan; 05-13-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:15 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

That's ironic. They just added this today! Wondering if it will show up on the Mugen site since their prices are cheaper.Guess the Sprint one will still come with the Wifi Logo.

Last edited by gullzway; 05-13-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

psweitzer is just getting started

Great post....

I have been toying with the idea of getting an extended battery...
I like that they just extend the whole cover unlike some other ones that just extend around the bigger battery... BUT the price tag is kinda steep...

Any impact on the quality of pictures?

Has anyone had overheating issues due to the larger batteries?
1st HTC Vogue ( R.I.P. 09/20/2008 )
2nd HTC Vogue found a new owner 12/10/2008!
Current ROM : Caulklin
Radio : Stock Bell
Old 05-15-2008, 04:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch
Threadstarter

arcnarly is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: Nakedcellphone 2400 mAh Battery w/cover review

Hehe... (TMZ) alright I took your advice and yes there is a difference. I'm not sure what you used but I used an Eraser Head and kept cutting it down to size until... Walah! Got it!!! I just used rubber cement for the glue... just in case I wasn't happy with it I can easily remove it. Seem to sound a lot better now!

Give me a week or two and maybe I'll perfect a LED light for the camera!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EraserHead.jpg (49.8 KB, 62 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:57 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Cool, (Led light for the camera) Would be nice. I like the eraser. I used a pen top.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:00 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Cool, (Led light for the camera) Would be nice. I like the eraser. I used a pen top.
I have a Sprint Touch (CDMA no WiFi) and if I take off the back cover, it almost looks as if there is an LCD there, under the same spot where the mirror is placed.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pam Pre'

vader4633 is becoming a great contributor

Found the extended battery cover by HTC - 12.99 before shipping.

http://www.ordercellphone.com/utstar...pc-342027.html
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue