PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tspinning is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A hard choice

Hey all, it's been awhile sense my last posts, and I'm still pretty happy with the HTC Touch on Sprint- however, today my work gave me a phone as my (newish) job role requires access to company email and to have a company phone for support (I work in IT)

however, they gave me a Treo 700wx it seems neat, but it's going to be a hard switch from the Touch...

Anyone have experience with this kind of a (backwards) step... how to cope? Can I get Weather Panel on this, and is it worth it!

Anyway, just wanted to share the news I suppose, it will be nice to get rid of a cell phone bill, but it's too bad the technology is a step back to the dark times.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:59 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Re: A hard choice

Does your company not have Sprint? If so you could probably ask to use your own phone (since they are both Windows Mobile) and have the settings they need implemented on your Touch.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Lurker

mikeylive is becoming a great contributor

I agree with MusicMan. You should be able to use your touch instead of the Treo. The Touch has a newer version of Outlook anyway!

I use it for my corporate email.
*iContact
*Mac Flo
*TouchPal 3 Pro
Old 05-06-2008, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tspinning is a n00b

My company (large University) is in bed DEEP with Verizon... they won't rock the Sprint style even for me, and while I could get email setup on my Touch (working IT I can bend some rules) they won't pay for my phone plan so it seems I'm stuck with the junk-o-treo till this dies and I can then request a BlackBerry Curve or something.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

A Treo isn't too bad, but it is definitely a big step backwards. After having my Touch, there's no way I could go back to a Treo. I had the 700wx, then the Q, and now the Touch. While I miss the keyboard, I'm much happier with my Touch.

Maybe you could sell your Sprint Touch and buy a VZW one. Or if you can find someone to do it, you could clear your ESN and get your Sprint Touch setup on VZW (not sure if anyone has successfully done this with any phone or not).

WeatherPanel should work. The square 240x240 screen sucks compared to the Touch though, not much real estate. Most of the apps for the Touch should work on the Treo, you just have to check for WM5 support and square screen support.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Being a proud owner/user of a 700wx (don't flame me), I can attest that yes, WP does work on it. I personally have had basically zero problems with my wx. And yes, while the screen size is limiting I've found that it really makes me question what I need on my phone versus what I want.

And WM5 isn't that bad.

late,
Coz
Old 05-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspinning View Post
I'm stuck with the junk-o-treo till this dies and I can then request a BlackBerry Curve or something.

Id say drop that treo in the lake and call it a day, or sell your sprint touch on ebay or some sh|t and take that money to buy a Tilt or what ever verizons equal is to the touch...
Old 05-07-2008, 12:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Id say drop that treo in the lake and call it a day, or sell your sprint touch on ebay or some sh|t and take that money to buy a Tilt or what ever verizons equal is to the touch...
OR sell your Sprint Touch as a Rev A and GPS enabled heavily upgraded on ebay and buy the Verizon Touch.

Negrito, the Tilt is AT&T. Verizon's equal is in fact, EQUAL, as it is the same phone.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tspinning is a n00b

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I'm thinking of selling my touch (tear) to pay the buyout on my sprint contract... unless... anyone has a good way to get out of it?
Old 05-07-2008, 09:26 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

VZW will let you use a Sprint device, you just have to fill out a form and send the device to Verizon to inspect it. It takes a couple of weeks though

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue