PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which one do you have?
Mogul type with great viewing angle 84 60.00%
Terrible one with absolutely a small viewing angle 56 40.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is you Touch screen terrible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Why did they make 2 screens? Did they do it knowingly? If so, why did they do it like that?
Well I'm not sure why in this case, but HTC has done it before with other models...The European Kaiser for one and the Titan.

Who knows why, maybe the plant ran out and used what they could get or maybe they bought cheaper ones or the screen manufacturer changed the design, or the previous model had high failure rate and they decided to change, about the only way to know for sure would be to contact HTC and even then you'd probably never get a straight answer anyways.

Last edited by Primenall; 05-11-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

htcuser is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
I agree, all I was saying was they are manufactured that way to lower power consumption, they direct the light through perpendicular hence less light required for the same brightness level, except the veiwing angle suffers, which does suck I always hated it but just accepted it.

Imagine if each pixel section is a thread of fiber optics from the backlight to the top of the screen, (a simular effect although having nothing to do with how it actually works with the pixel structure) less light is needed because it's directed, pretty simple. WTF

One thing I have found is, for me I have my screen set to rotate opposite of the default way and it has less fade out for me for whatever reason(maybe having to do with one eye being stronger or something) You know Htcuser you remind me of another member here who was on a crusade to get to the bottom of the Mogul screen yellow tint issues, just wondering if that's you with a new nickname?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
Primenall is just offering a theory (way more of a plausible theory), and we have 2 people here who only think their one narrow tin foil hat theory HAS to be the right one even though they have zero proof to offer. Of course NO ONE else theory could be ever possibly be true, only Sprint/HTC purposely screwing people over in a huge conspiracy

And i agree Primenall and I've said it before too. htcuser sounds a LOT like that other (htctouch i think) guy who got banned with conspiracy theories and non-stop screen complaints and crack-pot theories.
Wow, please. Who ever you are reffering me too, you are incorrect. I don't wear a tin foil cap, and I don't have any crackpot theories. Please there has been enough arguing and bickering like little girls in here. Please keep your post as professional as youa ll can. We are here to discuss issues and problems not to point finger and call names.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Well, it looks to me like Sprint did cheap out on the screens and I highly doubt its a battery saving issue causing a low shallow view angle on it. I have gone as far as ripping a Touch apart to look for the polarizing film and remove it to see if it is indeed that film. But I did not find it. I did find a screen protector like film glued to the actual screen that was glued on with a very heavy duty glue. Took me a long time to peel it off with out cracking the screen but I managed to do it. But sadly that was not the polarizing film. It turned out to be a dark shade film that reduced the brightness of the actual screen.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well I'm not sure why in this case, but HTC has done it before with other models...The European Kaiser for one and the Titan.

Who knows why, maybe the plant ran out and used what they could get or maybe they bought cheaper ones or the screen manufacturer changed the design, or the previous model had high failure rate and they decided to change, about the only way to know for sure would be to contact HTC and even then you'd probably never get a straight answer anyways.
Ohh yeah. I already called HTC about this and they want me to ship it to them to see if its a faulty screen. They told me this 3 times already and as much as I try to explain about this shallow view angle, they cannot understand what I mean. HTC employees are terrible.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Can someone please post a video of a good screen Touch. Please... we need this to validate this issue. 84 ppl voted on a good screen. 1 can make a video. I hope.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

well I heard the touches screen is like that so you can view it better in direct sunlight...
Old 05-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
well I heard the touches screen is like that so you can view it better in direct sunlight...
Have you seen you Touch in direct sunlight. It becomes invisible.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul

jamesjay is a n00b

Quote:
Well the Fact is there were quite a few Tests done by people in just those couple threads and the tests showed the Seido had less life than our stock battery, Seido was even giving refunds on batteries which is usually unheard of for with Batteries unless there is an actual issue.

The other Fact is the Seido battery Isn't the same size as the stock battery as you imply, it's physically larger, so that makes your whole little rant baseless in the first place anyway.

So what is your actual point anyway, please explain because you aren't making any sense at all, I'm beginning to think you have mental problems........

Now how about getting back on topic and quit being a little baby, I'm sure the mods are about just about sick of all the bickkering.
read my post and then read your replies you tell me who is the baby. QQ

edit: also if post #60 is telling the truth that means every post you have made so far is wrong. A touch with the same battery and better screen. I havent seen it for myself yet so...

Also to keep on topic, after trying to avoid the trolls on my way back to this thread. I found out that samsung is the distributor for the lcd panel in my particular sprint phone, part# lms283gf01 . So if anyone tries to order one you might want to avoid the samsung one, unless they make both panels. If there are even two different vogue panels.

Last edited by jamesjay; 05-12-2008 at 04:38 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:58 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This thread has been reported a few times and it looks to be starting some flaming so i'm closing this thread now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue