PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New 3xx Cube

Has/could anyone made a cab of the new cube thats in the 3xx roms? JD stripped out the cube and I'd like to add it back in, but I'm pretty sure the old cube cabs aren't compatible with the new roms.

Also, what registry changes are needed to re-enable it? I found hklm/software/htc/biotouch/currentcube = 0, so I assume that needs to be 1, but I don't know if there are other keys that need to be changed.

Edit: Weird. I installed VistaCube2.0, and after I changed the currentcube key and reset, it came up the first time I swiped, but I couldn't get it to switch sides at all. Pulled up my phone menu to make it go away, and I couldn't get it to come back. Reset again, and I can't get it to come up at all. So it was probably a fluke the first time. Any clues?

Edit2: I found hklm/software/oem/tflosettings/enablecube = 0, set that to 1, and now I can get it to activate whenever I want, but its always unresponsive; can't slide to another side, and none of the buttons respond to my presses.

Last edited by Red49er; 05-02-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: New 3xx Cube

I've tried following Mogul install instructions on the MacFlo thread, but if I try installing the HTCCube.cab file, it tells me I don't have sufficient permissions (this is after uninstalling the vista cube). But I know the needed files are missing because if I try to activate the cube, the screen just fades out but no cube appears.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7

If you are running the alltel rom and using the original macflo you will get that response. Musicman made another macflo that would work with the alltel rom. Apparently the alltel rom has some different video stuff in it. I am not sure about each custom rom, but I know that ghettofreeryder's rom used the original macflo files.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Nah, I've tried with his Alltel version and no luck. Btw, I'm running JD's super lite rom

Well, I seem to have gotten the stock cube working, but I've copied so many files, changed so many keys, and reset so many times that I don't actually know what I did to finally get it to work :/

It seems like the solution was that HTCCube cab that wouldn't run before (no idea what fixed it). And for those interested, I believe the brn files need to be in the root of windows, and the reg keys must refer to them as \windows\xx.brn

Okay, so I'm uninstalling this cube, it doesn't get along with s2u2 and I can't find the reg key to disable it when s2u2 is open.

Last edited by Red49er; 05-03-2008 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero157h7 View Post
If you are running the alltel rom and using the original macflo you will get that response. Musicman made another macflo that would work with the alltel rom. Apparently the alltel rom has some different video stuff in it. I am not sure about each custom rom, but I know that ghettofreeryder's rom used the original macflo files.
No it doesnt
Old 06-11-2008, 06:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

DssTrainer is becoming a great contributor

I'm trying to do this exact thing too... I have jd's rom but i need my cube. I tried UltimateLaunch but its just not the same. I'd like to get the cube back with JDs and then put vistacube or icube on there and then it would be perfect.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DssTrainer View Post
I'm trying to do this exact thing too... I have jd's rom but i need my cube. I tried UltimateLaunch but its just not the same. I'd like to get the cube back with JDs and then put vistacube or icube on there and then it would be perfect.
Unfortunately, Vista cube is broken on the new roms with no sign of repair
Old 06-11-2008, 02:14 PM
pro_b

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Later on this evening I'll post a rom I modified of JD's that will include the original working cube (blue). I'll post 4 registry entries that will have to be imported. I personally used Resco Registry to import the settings. I will not provide ANY support as this is not my rom. It is a modified version of JD's 6-04 hybrid rom. I just added the OEM cube. I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR JD's WORK.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red49er View Post
Nah, I've tried with his Alltel version and no luck. Btw, I'm running JD's super lite rom

Well, I seem to have gotten the stock cube working, but I've copied so many files, changed so many keys, and reset so many times that I don't actually know what I did to finally get it to work :/

It seems like the solution was that HTCCube cab that wouldn't run before (no idea what fixed it). And for those interested, I believe the brn files need to be in the root of windows, and the reg keys must refer to them as \windows\xx.brn

Okay, so I'm uninstalling this cube, it doesn't get along with s2u2 and I can't find the reg key to disable it when s2u2 is open.
at least on the mogul, theres an exemption list in the config file were you install touchflo if you add it to that you should be good.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red49er View Post

If you're comfortable with Registry editing you can disable the Cube from Opening with S2U2 open.

Go to HKLM>Software>HTC>Biotouch>Disable4SpecificApp

Create a New Key called "S2U2" then create a String called "ClassName" with a value of "S2U2".

Soft reset, and the Cube should no longer open when S2U2 is on.

I made a CAB with the changes. You can find it here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=18

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue