PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Whats your GPS program of choice

Hey guys like alot of you i just got GPS on my phone and i was trying to decide what program to go with, i have heard igo, tomtom telenav among others, so i wanna know what your favorite gps programs are for the mobile phone and if they have any featrures that would make them stand out. (version numbers are good too, there are way to many versions out there)

Last edited by Masterface7; 05-02-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Whats your GPS program of choice

I am using miomap 3.3 now and it's pretty stable with TTS built in.

I also have igo8 (with 3D buildings and whatnot) but it's crashing all the times, so waiting for a better version on that.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP

UltramanV is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to UltramanV

I use the Garmin XT .. I love it and after reading all the reviews i found it has the most POIs and information out of the top 3.. I had tomtom but i founf that the Garmin found streets that my tomtom didnt.. I also like the fact that you can download POIs from web sites a Like all the Home depots in the US and just input them in with out any problems... My 2 cents
Old 05-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell

funtek is a n00b

I'm currently using Garmin XT as it is really easy to select just the part of the maps you want to sync to your device.

I was using TomTom 6 previously, and TomTom is nice in that it can route a lot faster than the other competing products.

I tried iGuidance 4, and it didn't really work that well with my device. The device would go to sleep when iGuidance was supposed to be routing you. iGuidance does have spoken streetnames tho, which is nice.

More and more tho, I'm using Google Maps and just remembering the turn-by-turn list, or sneaking a quick peek at red lights.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I haven't tried Garmin XT, but it sounds pretty good.

iGuidance v4 had the most up-to-date maps I've found for my area, plus the TTS street names it great. You need something like GPSGate to get it to work right with the internal GPS though.

EDIT:

It all really depends on what you're going to use it for. If you want to find local places, then Google Maps and Live Search are going to be the best for that (if you have internet). If you're going to use it for navigation, then one of the apps with preloaded maps on the memory card is going to be best.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

I didn't want to pay out of the pocket for a GPS program as most of them are on the high end financially wise (near $100 Bucks or more) so I searched around for free voice guided GPS apps and found Nav4All and Amaze GPS. Nav for all is good, but it just tells you 200 meters, 400 meters, etc. and the map isn't very accurate. I have just installed Amaze and I am gonna try that out today, but from the video preview of it it says 200 meters also etc but has a yellow marker that shows you where to turn. The maps from what I have read are not accurate either, but I feel a lil basic common sense in navigation can fill that void. i would try these freebies out first before I spend another $100 bucks for an app that might not suit your needs. Try these below.....
Attached Files
File Type: zip Amaze.zip (454.8 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Nav4All.zip (928.0 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue