PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Telus

wakepics is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LED notification not recognizing read messages

So I have my Touch set to blink the orange LED when I receive new SMS/email messages. After reading the messages, however, the LED continues to blink rather than changing back to the normal green status LED. I've tried changing to 'Blink for 5 minutes' and the LED remains on until I soft reset. I also tried using the nueLED program to change the LED, but these LEDs continue to blink as well. In fact, I had my phone on charge, unplugged it, and now the charging LED is stuck on as well. I have no idea what's going on - never had this issue before until I upgraded to Rev A/GPS rom (it has done it with both JDs rom and GFs rom). Other than this issue the phone is acting completely normal.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy it?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-02-2008, 02:12 AM
Lurker

3d Nirvana is a n00b
Re: LED notification not recognizing read messages

it happens to me too. I find that it seems to happen if i turn on the phone / open the text app before it stops ringing or vibrating or whatever. Since the phone's screen turns on a second before a message comes in, i can usually open the texting app before it finishes ringing.

I think whats happening is since i read it before it finished ringing it didnt update the notification database that the text was read. Even though I already read it. My fix for it is just to wait a moment when a text comes in before going and reading it. If i accidentally read it too fast i just send myself a message and let it finish vibrating before i open it up. When i open it, it fixes itself and the light goes back to its slow green blink.

kinda annoying, but not a big deal imo. If the blinking is bugging me i'll send myself a text, if not, i'll just wait till the next text and fix it then.

hope that helps!
Old 05-12-2008, 05:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

caifalex is a n00b
Re: LED notification not recognizing read messages

I am having the opposite problem, when I receive a text message the screen simply turns on and the HTC plugin thing shows a "1" as in 1 new txt, however it does not vibrate (as I have it set to vibrate when new text message arrives, and flash for 15 minutes) nor does it change the color to orange as it used to do before. I also upgraded to OMJ's rev-A GPS custom ROM.

thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue