PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Is your GPS reception reliable and pratical for real use?
Yes, my GPS reception works great and I use it to get me around 53 63.10%
No, I drop satellite reception and I sometimes or always have a hard time getting some locks! 31 36.90%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diam0nd
Carrier: Sprint

iampepito is keeping up the good workiampepito is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post GPS quality -- Vote

I personally have noticed I can get locks on satellites without too much of a problem with the ROM i'm using, however I can't keep that lock and the GPS isn't very accurate... plus, I loose satellite reception and its all just crappy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whose getting good GPS reception and keeping it??????? (dependable to actually use in a pratical sense)

Please state the ROM you're using if its either personally cooked or from one of our fine chefs

Last edited by iampepito; 05-01-2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: colors
Old 05-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: GPS quality -- Vote

So far my GPS has been really accurate and I haven't had any problems with it while driving.

The only problem I have is the standby issue some people are having, but a soft-reset fixes that right up.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

GPS been working similar to my Mogul, using the same programs.

As far as the standby issue, it's the same on the Mogul. But I have power settings for standby turned off. Also I turn off the GPS before hitting the power button.

-CC
Old 05-01-2008, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampepito View Post
I personally have noticed I can get locks on satellites without too much of a problem with the ROM i'm using, however I can't keep that lock and the GPS isn't very accurate... plus, I loose satellite reception and its all just crappy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whose getting good GPS reception and keeping it??????? (dependable to actually use in a pratical sense)

Please state the ROM you're using if its either personally cooked or from one of our fine chefs

With JD's GPStest2.1 and OMJ's Sprint ROM, I get excellent accurate GPS service with TOMTom6 and GPS Viewer and GPSToday095... Works while driving and is superb!
RevA is awesome too!

DJ
Old 05-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I've used the original GPSTest ROM by JD with the Alltel Radio, then I used the 3.35 Titan Radio with JD's Hybrid ROM, and now I'm using the 3.35 radio with Ghetto's latest ROM....I've had the same results on all of them.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue