PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Problems charging when using BT PAN

Ok so i recently got a MacBook and i found out on this forum that i can use my touch as somewhat of a wireless modem. now i have been doing this for about a week, but last night for some reason my phone died while it was plugged in.

Should i not use my phone for internet more than a certain amount of time? oh and when i tried to unplug the phone and plug it back in the yellow 'charge' light was flashing not solid.

anyone have any ideas what could have caused this? im thinking the phone got to hot or some ****, cause seriously i had my touch and mac tethered for about 12 hours yesterday before it died.

thank you in advance for any help, comments, or theories...
Old 05-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hTc Touch

ghettosaiyan is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ghettosaiyan Send a message via Yahoo to ghettosaiyan
Re: Problems charging when using BT PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Ok so i recently got a MacBook and i found out on this forum that i can use my touch as somewhat of a wireless modem. now i have been doing this for about a week, but last night for some reason my phone died while it was plugged in.

Should i not use my phone for internet more than a certain amount of time? oh and when i tried to unplug the phone and plug it back in the yellow 'charge' light was flashing not solid.

anyone have any ideas what could have caused this? im thinking the phone got to hot or some ****, cause seriously i had my touch and mac tethered for about 12 hours yesterday before it died.

thank you in advance for any help, comments, or theories...
I've experienced this problem when i'd use my phone to tether with the usb cable. I found that the battery charges at a slower rate than its being depleted so over time it will die or disconnect the internet. However I discovered if I click off activesync on the phone soon as I plug it in, the problem went away. Just make sure you don't have any automatic "push" settings for email on your phone set up, cause activesync will automatically start up again. For some reason it uses up a lot of juice when "connected" to a pc/mac doing more than just "syncing". Then again, activesync has always been a pain in windows mobile phones. Hope this info helped.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Problems charging when using BT PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosaiyan View Post
However I discovered if I click off activesync on the phone soon as I plug it in, the problem went away.

Unfortunately AS isnt running, unless its somehow in the background and not in the task manager like it should be. =o/

Thanks for the info though.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue