PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC VOGUE/Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ctdubbin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
keylock program name/time stops updating/sprint Radio?

hey guys, just a couple of questions for the HTC/sprint/toch/vogue/XC6900 gods (that's you)

1. my main screen (not the touchflo cube but the regular "today" screen) has a big digital clock in the middle of it. often times the clock will simply stop updating. up in the right hand corner below the task manager and the battery icon there's a small clock that will display the correct time, but the big honkin digital clock just stops. anybody seen that before? whenever I try to take it into the sprint store it's always workin. resetting the unit will display the proper time but will not tick forward.

2. I downloaded the Schap's Advanced configuration tool and it's awesome. problem is i go to set my right soft key to screenlock, and all i can find is "keylock.exe" which brings up settings that don't help. see what I would like to do is access the program that allows me to lock the touchscreen so i don't call people when i rub up against something....or turn my screen backlight on wasting the battery until i tap the "unlock" button twice.... anyway to be able to get my right softkey to lock my device?

3. Is it really true that these phones can't access sprint radio? doesn't that seem like bait and switch? these phones can't do 1/2 of what they're advertised as doing.... the GPS, the Sprint radio... damn.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:29 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ctdubbin is a n00b
Re: keylock program name/time stops updating/sprint Radio?

guys, i found in start/settings/today/items that you can have a button for locking/unlocking the screen from the home menu, but only if you have neither the HTC Touch Home nor the HTC Home Sprint on.... unfortunately, i like the HTC touch home setup, it's convenient access to the most important things and a big clock that sometimes works... so i'm aware of that option and would like to still keep the HTC home active...

oh, and one last thing... does anyone else notice that once the screen is off that sometimes it won't ring for phone calls/txts/emails, and you have to press the button on the side and then you get hit with 12 sounds at once and notifications that you missed all these calls? sometimes the phone starts to ring too for a brief second.....
Old 05-01-2008, 12:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I've never seen where sprint advertises that the touch has gps enabled or sprint radio...and the missing calls when the phone is in sleep mode is a known issue with the device.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ctdubbin is a n00b

Streaming Music

Listen to R&B, hip-hop, country and rock, and access Sirius, Vh-1 and MTV to see the latest headlines and video clips of your favorite artists.

look on sprint's site under "phones" and "full feature list".... maybe the GPS thing i saw online before i bought it, so technically not sprint's fault for advertising it, but i have my data plan for my phone and I went to plug it in to use it as a modem and it wouldn't work, so i called sprint tech support and they told me this....

apparently you can't have "phone as modem" and "mobile broadband" on the same account, it's a glitch that they'll have fixed hopefully in june....

they rushed to get the phone to market and forgot to work out the kinks first... you'd know what i'm talking about if you've ever had to talk to sprint support.....

all right tho, back onto the actual problems, the whole "time stopping/keylock program name"
Old 05-01-2008, 12:52 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This is what i like to lock my phone...

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...2u2-v1-00.html s2u2 v.1.00 slide to unlock...

or you can go to start/settings/system/long press end key/ and set lock device

hope that helps you .....

Last edited by tmz; 05-01-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ctdubbin is a n00b

almost, but that's close enough.....thanks.

how about sprint radio now?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue