PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 07:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

strommsarnac is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery didn't charge?

Odd goings on. A few days ago I was using my Touch (Sprint) with the Seidio 2000mah battery and got a low battery warning. It was about 8am and I really hadn't done much on the phone since taking it off the charging cable. I looked at the meter and it showed 10%. Hmm, I soft reset it and checked again and it was at about 85%.

Same thing happened twice since then. Last night I was checking the weather at about 6pm and the battery showed 50%. Didn't do anything else before going to bed. When I went to plug it in, it was hung up. Screen was off, no lights, wouldn't come out of standby, nor power on. I plugged it in and the speaker light showed red. I waited a few seconds and held the power switch in. It turned on. I unplugged the power and it showed 40% power on the battery.

I powered it off then back on and plugged it back in and left it over night. This morning when I picked it up it was "dead" again. It wouldn't power on. I hit the soft reset and it came up with a low battery warning.

So right now it's off and plugged into my laptop appearing to charge. Left speaker LED is amber.

I've had the 2000mah battery for a few weeks now. Didn't have any problems power problems till this week.

Anyone else have a similar problem with their Touch (or other phone)? Bad battery, charger or phone?

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Lurker

kngof9ex is a n00b
Re: Battery didn't charge?

I have had the same problem, I have the factory battery, i would plug it in at night and then early the next day my battery would be low, not really sure why it happens, but now i make sure its charging before i goto sleep
Old 04-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Lurker

yabman is a n00b
Smile Re: Battery didn't charge?

I, too, had the same problem. Took my Touch to the Sprint repair center. They explained I need the adapter (came with the accessories) to plug in to charge, not to charge directly from the USB plug to the phone. If you look closely it's not really a mini usb port on your phone (if you have a Mogul or Touch). Haven't had a problem since! Let me know if this helps!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabman View Post
I, too, had the same problem. Took my Touch to the Sprint repair center. They explained I need the adapter (came with the accessories) to plug in to charge, not to charge directly from the USB plug to the phone. If you look closely it's not really a mini usb port on your phone (if you have a Mogul or Touch). Haven't had a problem since! Let me know if this helps!

that is the dumbest thing ive heard in a while. Those sprint reps are dumber than thumbtacks. "dont use the supplied charger to charge yuor phone"??

Use the adaptor???

Then why the fugg does HTC include a home charger?? This isnt against you, it just amazes me a corporation the size of sprint cant invest the time into giving their reps that represent them the proper training.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

strommsarnac is just getting started

Yea, what the sprint store told him doesn't make sense to me either. The pinouts are the same with both connectors.

Not to mention I didn't have a problem with charging over the first few weeks I owned the phone. And I charged every night using the wall charger.

I put my phone on my laptop (phone off) to charge at 7:10am. At 11:30 I turned it on and the battery showed 70%. Better than I expected since it was at a point of auto-power-off within a few minutes when I started charging it today. I haven't taken it off the usb cable but am leaving it on. Just checked and it's showing 80%. I'll be at work for another 2.5 hours so it'll be interesting to see how full the battery is then.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Wireless XV 6800
Carrier: Verizon

maxvolt is a n00b

I noticed on the mini usb connector doesnt mate properly to the home charger, especially if you have a protective cover on the Touch..the leather/vinyl/rubber doesnt allow the plug to go all the way in...and the plug is a sloppy fit too! I noticed my charge lite shut of/turned green three times..each time it was just the connector not fully mated...u would think the cover manufacturer would design it to use the charger no? BUM ASSES DUMB BUNNIES.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Lurker

yabman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
that is the dumbest thing ive heard in a while. Those sprint reps are dumber than thumbtacks. "dont use the supplied charger to charge yuor phone"??

Use the adaptor???

Then why the fugg does HTC include a home charger?? This isnt against you, it just amazes me a corporation the size of sprint cant invest the time into giving their reps that represent them the proper training.
I appreciate what your saying and not taking it personally(thanks). But when I look closely at the connector port for charging at the bottom of my Touch, it is not a true mini USB connection. So one of the supplied adapters in Touch box adapts the mini USB plug on the end of the charger to what almost appears like a mini fire wire port on the Touch and is a perfect fit. I had been charging my phone for a couple of months no problem when all of a sudden it became more and more difficult to make a good connection. Have had zero problems since. If you have a Touch, please check the charging connector on it closely and let me know if yours is really a mini USB or like mine. The charger charges fast everytime with the adapter connected to it and then to my phone.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:20 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvolt View Post
I noticed on the mini usb connector doesnt mate properly to the home charger, especially if you have a protective cover on the Touch..the leather/vinyl/rubber doesnt allow the plug to go all the way in...and the plug is a sloppy fit too! I noticed my charge lite shut of/turned green three times..each time it was just the connector not fully mated...u would think the cover manufacturer would design it to use the charger no? BUM ASSES DUMB BUNNIES.
Agreed. I have had the phone disconnect from ActiveSync several times because I picked up the phone while it was connect via USB! That's ridiculous!

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 04-23-2008, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

lisat96 is keeping up the good worklisat96 is keeping up the good work

Do you have any charging issues on the stock battery? It might be an issue with the battery itself. My 2000mah failed prematurely (under 2 months old). Seidio replaced it for me under warranty.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue