PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Interesting concept... QUESTION!!!

I know that for GSM cell phones there are dual sim adapters that will allow you to have more than one phone number on the same phone. Is there a software somewhere that will allow the same thing for CDMA phones such as the Vogue? I am really interested in this as I have 2 lines with sprint and not all the time do I have the 2 phones with me.

If this is possible at all I would like to be able to switch between phone numbers so that only one is active at a time or be able to toggle the ability to receive calls from both phones or just one.

Does anyone know if this possible at all?

Dan.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:27 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Interesting concept... QUESTION!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
I know that for GSM cell phones there are dual sim adapters that will allow you to have more than one phone number on the same phone. Is there a software somewhere that will allow the same thing for CDMA phones such as the Vogue? I am really interested in this as I have 2 lines with sprint and not all the time do I have the 2 phones with me.

If this is possible at all I would like to be able to switch between phone numbers so that only one is active at a time or be able to toggle the ability to receive calls from both phones or just one.

Does anyone know if this possible at all?

Dan.
Most GSM Phones have a Dual-Nam, while you could never have the two numbers active at once, you could switch between the two. This would be for different carriers, with the same carrier, just replace the SIM card. The only way to do it with sprint is to have a dummy ESN. This is so you can switch the ESN's between the two phones, and use the dummy to put on your old phone to free it up in sprints system.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor

cdma has dual nam as well, but good luck getting it activated. for starters, the esn will show active in the system so sprint wont be able to activate the second line. theoretically you could have one sprint line, one vzw line if you wanted, but the problem is that only one line can be active at a time. you wouldnt get calls, texts or vm notifications for the second line until you switched to that number.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid
Threadstarter

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

So the possibility exists but it is highly improbable that I will be able to get both numbers working at the same time.

This really sucks because it would be really cool to have both numbers functioning on the same CDMA phone.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: My EVO punches your IPHONES
Carrier: Sprint

mebo73 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mebo73

How can I get a number to work on 2 sprint phones? ANY HELP?
Old 04-19-2008, 10:58 PM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebo73 View Post
How can I get a number to work on 2 sprint phones? ANY HELP?
it can only be done by an esn change. If ya wanna pay the $18 everytime you want to change phones. The phone sends the esn and phonenumber of the device at the beginning of each call and (at each tower change?) to verify it on the network. Thus preventing from having two phone numbers on two devices. They don't want you and the misses to use their stuff for free ya see...
Old 04-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

How bout checking out Grand Central?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:11 PM
SuperNoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
That would work! Or call forwarding. I was geeking out too hard and should have googled HAHAHAHA.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
it can only be done by an esn change. If ya wanna pay the $18 everytime you want to change phones. The phone sends the esn and phonenumber of the device at the beginning of each call and (at each tower change?) to verify it on the network. Thus preventing from having two phone numbers on two devices. They don't want you and the misses to use their stuff for free ya see...
there has never been a fee for an esn swap on owned equipment
Old 04-20-2008, 12:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Very nice! Thanks for the link!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue