PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

smeg36 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: XV6900 discussion thread. It's been released. Now what?

I just received my XV6900 for review from Verizon. My first looks photos are posted at MGN. A couple things I've noticed, when you tap the shopping cart icon in the HTC Home Verizon today plugin, it opens a VZW Handango page. Oddly though, it is recognized at the Palm Treo 700p. Not very useful for a WM device to be buying Palm software. Also, it looks like VZW stripped out the Internet Sharing program, and replaced it with Modem Link. Modem Link looks like it's pretty locked down. Don't expect to tether without the use of PdaNet unless you actually have the tethering plan.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can call utstar directly and get the parts department. They will look up the parts available, give you a price and you can order them directly. Some items that are new, they have just asked me to call back in a few days to see if they've been added or if they have stock. The few times I've called the reps have been extremely helpful.

The OEM extended capacity battery and door in black are in stock and available through the utstar official accessory store linked on the main site.

-CC

P.S. Alltel's model is gray/silver. The Standard Bell Mobility's is teal/blue. Both have the same rubbery feel as Sprint's.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
I just received my XV6900 for review from Verizon. My first looks photos are posted at MGN. A couple things I've noticed, when you tap the shopping cart icon in the HTC Home Verizon today plugin, it opens a VZW Handango page. Oddly though, it is recognized at the Palm Treo 700p. Not very useful for a WM device to be buying Palm software. Also, it looks like VZW stripped out the Internet Sharing program, and replaced it with Modem Link. Modem Link looks like it's pretty locked down. Don't expect to tether without the use of PdaNet unless you actually have the tethering plan.

Hey on the first picture I notice that it has the data arrows up but a 1x connection... Are you getting EDVO data at least on VZW?

-CC
Old 04-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

WinMoFan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
Also, it looks like VZW stripped out the Internet Sharing program, and replaced it with Modem Link. Modem Link looks like it's pretty locked down. Don't expect to tether without the use of PdaNet unless you actually have the tethering plan.

I just searched on XDA-Developers and downloaded the ICS cab file. Works just fine.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm on a fringe area right now, and it switches back and forth between 1x and EVDO. My Sprint Touch maintains a solid EVDO connection though. Just a difference in the service area I'm currently in.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor

what was vzw thinking with this white plastic? it feels horrible and cheap
Old 04-17-2008, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I didn't like the look of the white in the photos, but seeing it in person is a different thing. I really like the look and feel of it personally. I don't know which I'd choose if I could get either black or white.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor

the color is a personal choice, i was speaking to the quality of the material. or lack thereof
Old 04-18-2008, 07:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Xv6900

smitty1258 is a n00b

Quote:
$399 - $100 ADC - $100 NE2 - $50 mail in rebate ...
Ok I called Verizon this morning, trying to get my touch on order. I was told that the 29.99 Data plan was not available for this phone and that I had to get the $45 one?

Anyone actually had luck getting the 29.99 plan?

I really want to get this phone as cheap as I can. Also she wouldn't let me order over the phone, said I had to go online to order it.

Also I plan to use this phone as a tether (use phone as wireless modem) in airports while I wait for my flights, is that a separate nickel and dime me to death package separate from the data plan?

thanks!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

vthokie96 is a n00b

I did get the 29.99 plan with my touch which gave me the ADC credit as well...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue