PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ppcolmy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Roaming on Verzion problem

When I am in situation when I have to roam on a Verzion tower with my Sprint HTC Touch I can not dial out. When I do I get a message from Verizin that they can not authenticate my phone. As far as I can tell it has never worked. This has happened on multiple towers and three states. Sprint has not been any help yet. Roaming is on automatic and my PRL is updated to 60612. Any one have any ideas, I would hate to be trapped in a Verzizon Cell and not be able to make a call.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Roaming on Verzion problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcolmy View Post
When I am in situation when I have to roam on a Verzion tower with my Sprint HTC Touch I can not dial out. When I do I get a message from Verizin that they can not authenticate my phone. As far as I can tell it has never worked. This has happened on multiple towers and three states. Sprint has not been any help yet. Roaming is on automatic and my PRL is updated to 60612. Any one have any ideas, I would hate to be trapped in a Verzizon Cell and not be able to make a call.
Don't know if it would make a difference, but the latest PRL is 60711, perhaps have your unit flagged for update and try?

-CC
Old 04-11-2008, 01:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Don't know if it would make a difference, but the latest PRL is 60711, perhaps have your unit flagged for update and try?

-CC
I updated to the latest PRL, 60711, and have noticed a minimal difference in signal reception tops. I have my roaming turned off so I don't really know what difference a PRL would make as far as roaming but I did notice a signal difference of about 1 bar in a place where I already have a signal. I normally have 1-2 bars at home at my apartment but am now noticing 2-3 bars and my phone switches to 1X for much less time when receiving a text or sending a text now.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
I updated to the latest PRL, 60711, and have noticed a minimal difference in signal reception tops. I have my roaming turned off so I don't really know what difference a PRL would make as far as roaming but I did notice a signal difference of about 1 bar in a place where I already have a signal. I normally have 1-2 bars at home at my apartment but am now noticing 2-3 bars and my phone switches to 1X for much less time when receiving a text or sending a text now.
I had this problem a few months ago...call sprint and talk to technical support and tell them you need an HLR reload. Soft reset your phone and all will be good. BTW PRL 60711 is recommended for their aircards but can be used on our devices, PRL60612 was made for our decives.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbyz168 View Post
I had this problem a few months ago...call sprint and talk to technical support and tell them you need an HLR reload. Soft reset your phone and all will be good. BTW PRL 60711 is recommended for their aircards but can be used on our devices, PRL60612 was made for our decives.

60711 was updated into my device when I requested my phone be tagged for and update.. Mine came with 60610.

-CC
Old 04-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
60711 was updated into my device when I requested my phone be tagged for and update.. Mine came with 60610.

-CC
Hmm interesting supposedly 60612 came out about 2 weeks ago... When was this?

BTW doing a PRL update will not fix roaming issue of not being authenticated. You need to request thr HLR reload they won't offer it*
Old 04-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ppcolmy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbyz168 View Post
Hmm interesting supposedly 60612 came out about 2 weeks ago... When was this?

BTW doing a PRL update will not fix roaming issue of not being authenticated. You need to request thr HLR reload they won't offer it*
Thanks for the HLR reload tip. Once I found a skilled Tech they did it in a second and problem was solved. Maybe Sprint should read this forum! Thanks for the help.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue