PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

BustedNuts1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello Vogue/Touch forum. (former Mogul user here)

Just thought I'd say hi to my new home. I was another victim/beneficiary of the Mogul stock out when I tried to get mine replaced last week. They sent me the Touch. Its gonna take some getting use, but I'm already impressed.

The phone is too damn sexy. So sleek and bad ***, not like that clunky mogul. Don't get me wrong. I LOVED my Mogul. I had it since the second week they came out and I was one of the lucky ones that never had any problems. However, I always felt that it didn't look as cool as it was. I also was very meticulous about my memory consumption.

Now with the Touch, I sometimes just open programs for fun, and I don't even terminate them afterwards! All this memory, I don't know what to do with it. I feel like I am pretty up to date on all the new/latest programs, as I peruse this site at least 3 times a day. However, got any suggestions to help me fill up my RAM?

I'm gonna start reading through this forum, just didn't know if there were some must haves or some good registry tweaks, and whatnot that were Touch specific.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Hello Vogue/Touch forum. (former Mogul user here)

Welcome to the Dark Side

I am a former Mogul 6700 Treo etc person myself so for me the small form factor is awesome.

This may sound cheesy but I still I remember well, opening that UPS box and right away noticing the cool Black box the Touch comes in, it is so cool, not like any other Htc/Sprint boxes I ever seen, extra Classy
Then you take it out and your like damn this thing is soooooo small and looks soooo good, just even the black rubbery covering it's made of is so cool.

They are both such similar phones, pretty much do all of the same reg edits as the Mogul, about the only different "must do" one that I can recall at 3AM is the screen sensativity one, pretty much makes the finger scrolling actually work compared to what the stock setting is.

For me (others have said differnet about their Touches) mine as it came Touchflo was useless, for example I would open "programs" or "settings" and you should be able to touch the screen and flick through it or touch it and slowly move your finger up and down and have the screen scroll with it, well mine wouldn't move with my finger at all.

Now before a big argument is started, not all touches have that problem like mine did, most work great the way they come, but mine was completely unusable.

Here is a thread about the reg edit, you can also set it higher mines at 30000 and works great.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14273

One other thing I remember is at first just Hating the limited viewing angle of the Touch's screen compared to the outstanding screen of the Mogul, but I got used to that quickly.

I do still ocassionally miss my Mogul though, it's a great machine, I had one of the problem free ones myself like you had, and it was great for me while I had it.

Last edited by Primenall; 03-23-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:06 AM
Lurker

yeahian is a n00b

I got a touch sent to me. I was pissed as the Touch just sucks. Maybe with a better keyboard... If u like it though good for u.It is sleek.... Just no gps and not good for texting (for me at least)
anyways my wife likes her free touch
Old 03-23-2008, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

BustedNuts1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
Welcome to the Dark Side

This may sound cheesy but I still I remember well, opening that UPS box and right away noticing the cool Black box the Touch comes in, it is so cool, not like any other Htc/Sprint boxes I ever seen, extra Classy
Then you take it out and your like damn this thing is soooooo small and looks soooo good, just even the black rubbery covering it's made of is so cool.

I totally agree. This phone makes me excited about phones again. The cool black box and packaging make it seem like its more that just a phone. I know that sounds a little gay, but this phone takes me back to the day when camera phones had just come out. This was like 6 or 7 years ago, and I had bought the first one from Circuit City. Everyone thought it was the coolest thing they had seen, and it was, at the time.

I don't know, I guess I'm just excited to have a phone that looks as cool as it really is. (the mogul was more like a diamond in the very rough.)
Old 03-24-2008, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b

No fanboyism here. I love the Touch overall. But it's been freezing a lot on me the last few weeks, even with the hard resets, and avoidance in installing software.

It's also suffered from not waking up with calls and texts.

And it's streaming for me has been really weak indoors.

The right click button also requires pushing perfectly in the center, for whatever reason its not sensitive anymore like the other ones.

I've only had it since 21th of Jan. And i take very good care of my electronics.

For me this phone broke my heart, I'd rather not go back to the gigantic Mogul.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue