PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 01:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic
Carrier: Sprint

johnny hotsauce is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Would like to try one of these ROMs

OK, I'm a ROM flahsing virgin and I'd like to try this. I'm pretty sure I can do this with no problem for the most part based on the great directions that everyone has provided so thank you all for that.

My question is; in your great knowledeable opinions, which ROM would be the best to flash my Sprint Touch with? There's quite a few different flavors of WM 6.1 and I'd like to use the most stable version with the least amount of issues. I did search through this thread and to be honest, I've even more confused now about which one to go with than when I first started considering doing this.

I guess my main concern is stability and not freezing up all the time. I also really don't want to deal with my device not waking up like it's starting to do now (even after 3 hard resets and running the thing on bare bones as far as apps go). I like the touchflo cubes but I really don't need the Sprint bloatware but I'll keep it if it's included with one of the new ROM's, I already have a stock HTC home .cab that's not Sprint's that I use that I like better so I can always load that up on the new ROM. Another thing that would be good would be a ROM that I wouldn't have to reflash every week once a new one gets cooked. I would kind of like one that I can stick with for a while.

I guess all in all I'm a newb virgin to all of this and I'm just kind of looking for the path of least resistance.....

Any help or advice would be immensely apprecaited as I'm not the kind of forum member that just comes into these places looking for "free stuff" but I'm more the kind that contributes a great deal once I know more about the product(s) I'm using. If anyone knows me from HoFo or SU then you'll notice that I'm not a lurker or taker but as active as I can be with the knowlede that I have. Thanks in advance everyone!

Old 03-22-2008, 01:45 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Would like to try one of these ROMs

Jakdillard has a pretty good ROM for the touch
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue