PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Bell

Videonut is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch; as a real MP3 player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony67 View Post
My phone has never skipped. I'm using HTC audio manager and I'm also using HTC Performance plug in and running my processor at 624Mhz.
Mine's never skipped either with no Performance plugin, but it seems that some combinations of BT headset/ppc/software does. With Bell I never had a skipping problem with my 6700 either but many ppl with different providers did, so problems can stem from the ppc build to the rom.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

Gambit is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Just got home, grabbed me up a pair of S9 from TD. Got me a nice $10 discount [ex employee discount ] charging it up as we speak.. Hey how do we tell knock offs from the real thing? Mine came with a little hologram tab with letters and numbers, tethered to the left loop. I don't see that on the eBay ones.

-CC

P.S. How to spot a counterfeit : http://www.motorola.com/content.jsp?...tId=8627-10942
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRobi View Post
I bought S9s Last year I never use them because they hurt my ears! Anyone else experience this?
I bought a cheap pair of S9's on E-Bay, I suspected they were counterfeit. I bought a second pair from Best Buy to do a side-by-side comparison, sure enough the ones off E-Bay were fake. The real ones were more comfortable, but still not exactly what I was looking for, still a little uncomfortable after wearing for 30 minutes or longer. So beware if buying on E-Bay even from sellers with positive (99%+) rating, I would avoid E-Bay altogether.

I returned them and bought a Plantronics Voyager 855 instead, couldn't be more pleased. They do a great job at sealing out the outside sound, I use them for listening to music and podcasts during lunchtime at restaurants and it can be noisy. The 855's are much easier to hear than the S9s were, even when not using the second-ear stereo attachment.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

This is what I use -
Jabra BT620s Bluetooth Stereo Headset

http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?p...12763&cat=2824

Old 03-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

Loman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikidoka View Post
I really like Pocket Player's interface and features but for now I've had to go with TCPMP because that's the only player that doesn't skip for me when the phone is on.

Hmm.. my Touch has never skipped on me.. I'm even using other programs like Opera or Internet Explorer while Pocket Player is playing in the background and it has never skipped. I didn't perform any performance hacks/registry tweaks. It even pauses when I receive a call and resumes playing after the call.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

aikidoka is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loman View Post
Hmm.. my Touch has never skipped on me.. I'm even using other programs like Opera or Internet Explorer while Pocket Player is playing in the background and it has never skipped. I didn't perform any performance hacks/registry tweaks. It even pauses when I receive a call and resumes playing after the call.
Interesting. I have to get around to returning that support call. I'm satisfied with TCPMP for now, but if they can fix the problem even better.

I've already tried some performance tweaks but nothing other than using TCPMP has helped.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue