PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 05:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Delvorak is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Great Car Mount / Hands Free Kit For Vogue

Just thought I would let everyone know that this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140216977701

(same device appears to be at

http://www.wirelessground.com/touchcarmount.html )

Is a great hands free kit/car mount for the Vogue. I spent a lot of time researching car mounts, and decided to take the plunge on this one. Shipping was quite reasonable and only took 2 days from New York.

The suction cup works GREAT, adhered instantly and very securely to my windshield. Figuring out exactly how to adjust the neck of the mount can take a few minutes, but I had mine up and positioned perfectly in about 2 minutes.

Very little vibration is transferred to the device. The external speaker works great, and has plenty of power. You can the charger off with a easy to use switch on the base, which also has a 2.5mm headphone jack, and a volume dial. My wife said I sounded a little distant when using the hands free, but less distant than I sounded when I just used the speaker phone on the vogue.

Also on the base of the unit is a "Hands Free" button, with which you can answer a call just by pressing it once, and hang up a call by pressing it for a moment. You can also initiate voice dialing on the vogue by pressing it for a moment when not in a call.

My vogue fits very securely in the socket, it actually takes a bit of force (but not too much) to get it out.

The only downside that I see to it is that you have to turn a knob to rotate the device 90 degrees (for any applications that use landscape), but I think this is an acceptable trade off to how solid the entire mount/phone is when everything is locked down.

I definitely recommend this to anyone searching for a mount!

Scott
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue