PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 06:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Spunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Spunks3
Updating Tower finder????

lol im not sure how to ask this but recently my phone has been acting up. i have been going into Roam a lot more often. i flashed ROMS to no2chems original WM6.1. everythign was going fine, and i installed a few apps and about a month later i noticed that im losing calls . i dont know if maybe a tower went down in my area or what? but i did a hard reset and switched ROMs, and still getting the same thing.

is there a way to update my phone so i can use the nearest towers, or get better reception?
Spunks3's Icons for Polen's Vista Cube 2.0 Packs, Small Pack
S2U2 Transparent-like Clock here
Old 02-21-2008, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Updating Tower finder????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
lol im not sure how to ask this but recently my phone has been acting up. i have been going into Roam a lot more often. i flashed ROMS to no2chems original WM6.1. everythign was going fine, and i installed a few apps and about a month later i noticed that im losing calls . i dont know if maybe a tower went down in my area or what? but i did a hard reset and switched ROMs, and still getting the same thing.

is there a way to update my phone so i can use the nearest towers, or get better reception?
cal sprint and ask them to update your prl.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt19 View Post
cal sprint and ask them to update your prl.
You can try that, but the PRL is really only for roaming, so I don't think that will really help.

You didn't have this problem with the OEM ROM? Try flashing back to the OEM ROM and try it, that will determine if its a ROM issue.

You haven't done anything with the Radio ROM have you?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

psamples is a n00b

This may not fully solve your problem, but you used to be able to dial *18 and force the phone to do a new search for a Sprint tower. I used to use it on a Treo 650 that would occasionally lock onto the wrong tower. Hope this helps.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Spunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuff

no i havent done anything to the radio rom, i dont think its the Rom flash because it was working fine and then one day out of no where it started acting up, a while after i flashed over. i flashed to a new rom and still having same issues.

also i tried the *18 and when i hit the send button the antenna signal jumped to full but then the call ended 4 seconds in and it went back down.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

hmm, maybe a tower went down in my area? i cant find any solution.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

any other ideas?
Old 02-24-2008, 01:51 PM
AnthroMatt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
You can try that, but the PRL is really only for roaming, so I don't think that will really help.

You didn't have this problem with the OEM ROM? Try flashing back to the OEM ROM and try it, that will determine if its a ROM issue.

You haven't done anything with the Radio ROM have you?
Correct, a PRL update will never help your phone "see" new towers.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i dont think i need to see new towers though, i feel like my radio just lost its signal strength or for some reason cant see the old towers...
Old 02-24-2008, 05:59 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Call Sprint and ask if they are having problems in your area. I did that once and they were able to tell me that maintenance was being done on towers in my area and that it should be back to normal within a couple days.

At the very least you should call them and tell them you are having reception problems.

Also, have you gone outside of your "home" area and seen if your signal gets any better?

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue