PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

alchemy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Help!

Hello everybody I’m new to the site and to smartphones/PDA’s in general. Well my first question to whom ever would like to give me some advise is about watching videos online I’ have read several treads about it and I know that this issue has been exhausted through most of these forums however I just wanted to know if any one had my specs of phone, service, and connection type and what the best solution would be. I have The HTC Touch from ALLTEL and get a 1X data connection where I live. My other question is: Is it possible to get wifi on my Touch? Thanks Everyone
Old 02-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle
Re: Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemy View Post
Hello everybody I’m new to the site and to smartphones/PDA’s in general. Well my first question to whom ever would like to give me some advise is about watching videos online I’ have read several treads about it and I know that this issue has been exhausted through most of these forums however I just wanted to know if any one had my specs of phone, service, and connection type and what the best solution would be. I have The HTC Touch from ALLTEL and get a 1X data connection where I live. My other question is: Is it possible to get wifi on my Touch? Thanks Everyone
im not going to be like most people on here and tell you to search before posting.. lol.. but to answer your question.. if you wanted to watch videos online then look for the thread on here that is titles youtube video access and you will find the cab files and how to tweak tmcmp to your liking.. now the thing that im worried about is the fact that you arent on evdo where you live.. the fact that you get a 1X data connection will make any type of video browsing a pain.. simply because the connection isnt very fast. it would be better to download the video to your phone and then watch it.. then delete it once you are done(i know it sucks, but its the best way) streaming a video will make you want to pull your hair out, lol.. but if you still wanted to watch tv on your phone, id suggest googling the mobi tv hack.. streaming with that on 1X isnt bad at all.. and lastly.. you dont have wifi on your touch and you cant because there isnt any wifi hardware on it period.. ignore any wifi indicators in the registry or in your settings.. the ONLY way you will get wifi on your touch is if you pay someone to mod it for you and they insert one in.. or if you have the gsm version of the touch

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 02-25-2008, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

alchemy is a n00b
Red face Re: Help!

Thanks........well I did search the site and saw many post but it seemed as though some methods were newer than others I guess I wanted the latest and best setup for my specific phone. So if I was not concerned with streaming what do I need to do in order to download and watch the videos? What was that about MObi TV? What do I need for that and what is the price? Thanks again.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.
Carrier: Sprint

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842

tmcmp will allow you to download videos from several major sites, including youtube and then play them back. The problem is that it can take several minutes to download a video in evdo terr. 1x is like dial up, even longer. Can you not even data roam into evdo? if not then your best bet might be downloading them to the phone via active sync from home and then watching them on the go

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

alchemy is a n00b

Thanks.....So all I should need is TMCMP?
Old 02-25-2008, 02:06 AM
Lab Rat

kindov, you need the entire package that it comes in, see here for inst.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=youtube
Old 02-28-2008, 05:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

alchemy is a n00b

I still get the error msg. what should I do? Am I doing something wrong. I went strait to the website and it tried to open in windows media just as before. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Lab Rat

this does not use windows media. When you click on a link it should come up with an option to play or save. Then it should open TMCMP. If you have installed the package based on the instructions in that thread, please post there for more assistance as I am by no means an expert on this.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue