PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint "The CDMA gods"

Brera is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brera Send a message via Yahoo to Brera
Confused abt roms/ today screen

Unfortunaly I cant find the thread that i DL the themes from but its afew different ones. (vouge themes) all they do is to cause the home icons, launcher, clock numbers, borders to change from stock white colors to another color (they have green , blue , yellow, purple, red to dl)

So i quickly learned replacing your "theme".tsk isnt the result i wanted, all that did was change the back ground of my today screen.

So I had the bright idea to try to just copy all the .png files and overwrite my exsisting. So of course they existing are read only and I cant do anythign with them... so here i am , with the png files that i want. activesync, and my vouge. Anyone wanna help fill in these gaps?

Do I need a custom rom to be built to do this? will this rom affect my Weather Panel, PHM regedit, pocketcm .19 pcmkb, ect?

p.s. the themes save on the today menu as Touchstyle-(whatever color you installed) ( :0) incase that jogs someones memory of the original thread for DL)
Old 02-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Re: Confused abt roms/ today screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brera View Post
Unfortunaly I cant find the thread that i DL the themes from but its afew different ones. (vouge themes) all they do is to cause the home icons, launcher, clock numbers, borders to change from stock white colors to another color (they have green , blue , yellow, purple, red to dl)

So i quickly learned replacing your "theme".tsk isnt the result i wanted, all that did was change the back ground of my today screen.

So I had the bright idea to try to just copy all the .png files and overwrite my exsisting. So of course they existing are read only and I cant do anythign with them... so here i am , with the png files that i want. activesync, and my vouge. Anyone wanna help fill in these gaps?

Do I need a custom rom to be built to do this? will this rom affect my Weather Panel, PHM regedit, pocketcm .19 pcmkb, ect?

p.s. the themes save on the today menu as Touchstyle-(whatever color you installed) ( :0) incase that jogs someones memory of the original thread for DL)
All you need is a file explorer that will allow you to overwrite the ROM files, I personally use Resco for this, but a free alternative is Total Commander. Put the PNG files on your SD Card and then use Resco/TC to overwrite them in your phone. Youll get a few ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS questions, say yes. Once its finished power cycle/reset the handset.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint "The CDMA gods"
Threadstarter

Brera is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Brera Send a message via Yahoo to Brera
Re: Confused abt roms/ today screen

awsome, thanks man
Closed Thread