PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 03:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

elTiTANio is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
current roms recommendation

simple question:

which is the most stable, most updated, issues corrected rom version available at the moment?

it doesnt matter if its customized or not, but it would be nice some good addins.

if you have it, that one is for me

i have flashed my Touch 3 times already and each rom behaves differently.
I need the most stable. please recommend me some

ahh I also noticed no one, on all roms I tried so far, have corrected the low volume thing, and for some reason the audiopara file adding is not working for me. Is there a rom with this issue already corrected?

well, many thanks.

Last edited by elTiTANio; 02-20-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff
Re: current roms recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTiTANio View Post
simple question:

which is the most stable, most updated, issues corrected rom version available at the moment?

it doesnt matter if its customized or not, but it would be nice some good addins.

if you have it, that one is for me

i have flashed my Touch 3 times already and each rom behaves differently.
I need the most stable. please recommend me some

ahh I also noticed no one, on all roms I tried so far, have corrected the low volume thing, and for some reason the audiopara file adding is not working for me. Is there a rom with this issue already corrected?

well, many thanks.
TBH, I think it would be most beneficial to all the chefs if you listed which ROMs you have tried and given the pitfalls that you have encountered. That way if it is an issue that can be solved, the community will prosper.

Being titled "most stable" is a subjective answer. We need the facts
Old 02-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I have tried Derek's last two ROMs and OMJ's and haven't really had any issues with any of them...atleast none that were major or not fixable. If I had any problems I posted them in their threads.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

elTiTANio is a n00b

for example right now I'm using the OMJ, the bluetooth headset is acting weird constantly disconnecting, this is not usual. the battery icon have dissapeared more than once and the double date, I can I remove it? i tried derek's earlier, for some reason i didnt kept it, although I liked how all the sprint mess was gone from the cube while keeping the right programs. what up with the roaming triangle? volume issues on all. I can continue but I think this is the wrong thread

thanks for your recommendations mindfrost.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Razor V9M, 6600, 2x 6800, 6900 (yes I still use my 6600 sometimes)

mojomahem is becoming a great contributor

Im currently running MrGeoff's and have had no issues. I set the pagepool to 32 and its running great. Could the programs your running have something to do with it.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Merciless is a n00b

currently im using OMJ latest, i like it so far...
Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

elTiTANio is a n00b

arggh a rainbow line appeared on the top left corner of the screen using OMJ's. I switched back to latest dereks cuz feels pretty solid and fast. the rainbow its gone.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Merciless is a n00b

Quote:
arggh a rainbow line appeared on the top left corner of the screen using OMJ's. I switched back to latest dereks cuz feels pretty solid and fast. the rainbow its gone.

just remove the vista***.exe from the startup folder under windows...that is a battery bar...i had the same thought as u did, but found out it was jsut a battery bar
Old 02-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff

Quote:

Sounds like you had the vistahide gauge. It also sounds like you need to read up more since some of your questions can be solved with simple changes

j/k... but it's just something that takes a lot of time. There will always be pros and cons to each custom ROM.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond(Victor)

360discgolf is keeping up the good work360discgolf is keeping up the good work

In my opinion all of these ROMs are very similiar because they are all molded on the same base. I have seen some folks testing some different .dll and req settings, but for the most part all of these ROM's should perform close to the same.

I have built several ROM's using the No2Chem Version 107 Base. I have tested very aggressive builds and very conservative builds. Again for the most part I'm achieving the same experience. One of the big draw backs I'm running into with all of the variations of the WM6.1 ROM's is that I get random lock ups that require a soft reset. I've not been able to pin point the source. The important thing to remember is that this is sill very much a beta. Everyone has put a lot of great work into this ROM. I am so impressed with the members of this forum. Ya'll never stop amazing me, really. I'm convinced with all of the time that we are spending learning and sharing that this and many future ROM's will continue to grow.

So, long story short. You can pick whichever ROM you want from the great Vogue Chefs in this forum and be confident that you are gettting a quality product that will never be quite perfect because that is the foundation of windows mobile....there is always room to grow and that's why we are here.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue