PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
##DATA# work in any custom 6.1 ROM?

I'm using OMJ's v3 ROM and I love it!

The only problem is the ##DATA# menu, it doesn't work. Does it work in any 6.1 ROM? I would like to get in there and change the SCI and some other settings.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

eduardmc is keeping up the good workeduardmc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I'm using OMJ's v3 ROM and I love it!

The only problem is the ##DATA# menu, it doesn't work. Does it work in any 6.1 ROM? I would like to get in there and change the SCI and some other settings.
can you explain the benefit of changing some of the setting in this DATA screen. what can i do with it.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:57 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Works with DCD's 2.2

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 02-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
can you explain the benefit of changing some of the setting in this DATA screen. what can i do with it.
The main one I would change is the SCI (Slot Cycle Index). This will make calls ring through faster and is great if you're in a fringe area or on the border of multiple cell sites.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness231 View Post
Works with DCD's 2.2
Is that ROM on this site? I tried a search and didn't find it.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

It looks like it tries to open EPST and closes it right away. Would it be possible to pull the EPST file from the original Sprint ROM and use it in a 6.1 ROM?

Darkness231: I found DCD ROMs in the Titan forum but none in the Touch forum.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:16 PM
AnthroMatt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
The main one I would change is the SCI (Slot Cycle Index). This will make calls ring through faster and is great if you're in a fringe area or on the border of multiple cell sites.
I thought this was a "myth" in reality, as Sprint controls SCI at the tower level and supposedly has for years?
Old 02-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthroMatt View Post
I thought this was a "myth" in reality, as Sprint controls SCI at the tower level and supposedly has for years?
The VOCODER change is supposedly a myth because Sprint overrides that at the cell sites, but a number of people have reported success using the SCI because it is basically how often your phone "pings" the cell site, which can't be controlled from the cell site like the VOCODER setting can be.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
AnthroMatt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
The VOCODER change is supposedly a myth because Sprint overrides that at the cell sites, but a number of people have reported success using the SCI because it is basically how often your phone "pings" the cell site, which can't be controlled from the cell site like the VOCODER setting can be.
All right, cool. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04
I figured out the secret to make it work with 6.1. Will update my ROM and post after verifying no major issues.

like my work: donate a buck

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue