PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Lurker

Ouhei is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nice touch keyboard bug...

My touch keyboard seems to be bugged. It always says 20 down at the bottom like it's the semi-QWERTY layout, but no matter what program I pull it up in or what field, I get the FULL QWERTY keyboard every time.

I don't know how I did it but here's a list of anything keyboard related I have installed.

- Pocket CM kb v.13
- SIP Change (Touch keyboard selected, though I had Pocket CM selected and changed to touch through the keyboard triangle)a
- A .CAB to disable XT9

Anyone else have it perform this way? I'm not complaining, just wondering since I had read it didn't perform like this (I installed pocket CM keyboard right away.)
Old 02-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

WinMoFan is a n00b
I would assume that since you have a .Cab file to disable XT9, then the 20key SIP has no choice but to be the full keyboard all the time.

Just a guess, as i am just waiting for VZ to get the touch and then i will have mine!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:28 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouhei View Post
My touch keyboard seems to be bugged. It always says 20 down at the bottom like it's the semi-QWERTY layout, but no matter what program I pull it up in or what field, I get the FULL QWERTY keyboard every time.

I don't know how I did it but here's a list of anything keyboard related I have installed.

- Pocket CM kb v.13
- SIP Change (Touch keyboard selected, though I had Pocket CM selected and changed to touch through the keyboard triangle)a
- A .CAB to disable XT9

Anyone else have it perform this way? I'm not complaining, just wondering since I had read it didn't perform like this (I installed pocket CM keyboard right away.)
Are you running a 6.1 rom
Old 02-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04
The CAB to disable XT9 disables the Blackberry style keyboard from displaying.

like my work: donate a buck

Old 02-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff
Does 6.1 have a issue with the touch keyboard?

Whenever I build my ROM and try to use it in IE, the keyboard wigs out when trying to fill out a form.

I talked a few other chefs, and it seems to be a reoccurring issue on their ROMs as well.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
Does 6.1 have a issue with the touch keyboard?

Whenever I build my ROM and try to use it in IE, the keyboard wigs out when trying to fill out a form.

I talked a few other chefs, and it seems to be a reoccurring issue on their ROMs as well.
I have used it in IE with no issues. I don't do a lot of web browsing, but I have logged into PPC Geeks and posted from WM6.1 with Touch keyboard.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereknjenny04 View Post
I have used it in IE with no issues. I don't do a lot of web browsing, but I have logged into PPC Geeks and posted from WM6.1 with Touch keyboard.
Interesting... the place I see it happening the most is when i log into gmail.

Are you using a pre-built ROM and installing via cab or making your own and using a package? Two very different situations that needs a more detailed answer than it works lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue