PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ssolomon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to ssolomon
ROM Request

Not being remotely comfortable trying to cook my own ROM, I was wondering if anyone could put one together that is simply an upgrade to WM 6.1, with the rest of the stock ROM (or even ImCoKeMaN's bigstorage version) in tact including the HTC/Sprint apps?
Old 02-06-2008, 04:13 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssolomon View Post
Not being remotely comfortable trying to cook my own ROM, I was wondering if anyone could put one together that is simply an upgrade to WM 6.1, with the rest of the stock ROM (or even ImCoKeMaN's bigstorage version) in tact including the HTC/Sprint apps?

I would luv too! but I'm still learning.....here is what I'm using, it sounds exactly what you're looking for.......working perfectly, thanks to dharvey.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=100

here, I'll make it even easier, here is the ROM along w/ the upgrade utility zipped up.....unzip then run the ROMupdateutility.exe. Don't forget you gotta unlock first. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12255

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....d.on.stock.zip

Last edited by OMJ; 02-06-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Make a nice big page pool and 6.1 is suuuuuuuuuper fast!
I have a stock rom with 6.1 and 32 meg page pool if you want it!
Just IM me or something....
Old 02-07-2008, 08:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
Make a nice big page pool and 6.1 is suuuuuuuuuper fast!
I have a stock rom with 6.1 and 32 meg page pool if you want it!
Just IM me or something....
how much free ram do you have after a 32MB page pool?

I find that coming from a Mogul that i am very good at keeping my memory free (which means that i'm wasting the power of the Touch), and i'm thinking that i can put all that idle memory to some good use like speeding up my phone.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

ssolomon is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to ssolomon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
I would luv too! but I'm still learning.....here is what I'm using, it sounds exactly what you're looking for.......working perfectly, thanks to dharvey.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=100

here, I'll make it even easier, here is the ROM along w/ the upgrade utility zipped up.....unzip then run the ROMupdateutility.exe. Don't forget you gotta unlock first. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12255

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....d.on.stock.zip

Thanks. Is there a way to uninstall a single stock app from the device once the ROM is flashed? For example, I don't use the phone as a music player since I have a BT transmitter for my 80GB iPod, so I'd love to uninstall the HTC Audio program and possible the Sprint TV/Music download apps.

Am I wrong for asking because that would require a custom ROM or is there a way to do it apart from within a ROM kitchen?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:53 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssolomon View Post
Thanks. Is there a way to uninstall a single stock app from the device once the ROM is flashed? For example, I don't use the phone as a music player since I have a BT transmitter for my 80GB iPod, so I'd love to uninstall the HTC Audio program and possible the Sprint TV/Music download apps.

Am I wrong for asking because that would require a custom ROM or is there a way to do it apart from within a ROM kitchen?
any programs cooked in the ROM cannot be uninstalled......yes, you would need a custom ROM, that is what the kitchen is for.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
You are all looking for something that has already been done. No2chem built this one first. It's build 100 but it's no longer on the ftp. I have uploaded it a couple of times now and there is a link to it somewhere here... Let me see if I can find it.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K09U895L

page 10 on no2chems rom thread
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE23 View Post
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K09U895L

page 10 on no2chems rom thread
It's page 3 for me the way I have my settings set up but that is exactly it.

Just follow the directions in post #100 of no2chems WM6.1 ROM thread and that will make the ROM almost 100% stable and it has all of the features of the stock Touch ROM and all of the new Features of the new 6.1 ROM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue