PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you mean the PointUI can 'lock' the screen now ?
Old 02-04-2008, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Shrink is a n00b
Only manually. By saying that the new version was better I meant that it was less buggy and a little more customizable than the previous version.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

bugzy is keeping up the good workbugzy is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
Do you mean the PointUI can 'lock' the screen now ?
the answer is yes, however, its not as tweaked as S2U2

i believe it wakes on power button, which means, its using the default Windows setting to power off the screen, which for me is 1 minute, unless i hit the power button manually

hopefully they add some more settings on the lock screen function similar to S2U2
Old 02-05-2008, 03:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
I have noticed 2 undesirable bugs in the newer version, 1.02b. When you click on the "New" menu, you get stuck there because the back button will not work. And secondly, when you click on the applications button, it doesn't do anything at all. It just leaves you there.

What I am wondering is, is there a registry fix that will make the Applications button point to the programs menu?

And lastly, is there a way to fix the issue of getting stuck in the "New" menu?
Old 02-05-2008, 03:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

bugzy is keeping up the good workbugzy is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
I have noticed 2 undesirable bugs in the newer version, 1.02b. When you click on the "New" menu, you get stuck there because the back button will not work. And secondly, when you click on the applications button, it doesn't do anything at all. It just leaves you there.

What I am wondering is, is there a registry fix that will make the Applications button point to the programs menu?

And lastly, is there a way to fix the issue of getting stuck in the "New" menu?
i believe that is by design because the back will open a 2nd instance of the PointUI, but im not sure about it

my Application works fine
Old 02-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
Just been playing with it for 30 mins. I'm totally impressed. They certainly could upgrade some things (Lock on power off, graphics, quick program menu not unlike HTC home, Weather tab only shows today and tomorrow, music controller, to name a few) but I think this will be my app of choice for a while...

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 02-05-2008, 01:53 PM
VIP Member

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Still not sure why my applications link doesn't work... Need a fix pretty bad. Also I have another question. Does anyone know how to change from outlook to another email client? I use gmail.

Thanks
Old 02-05-2008, 02:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: AT&T

nbohmer is a n00b
Applications list and Email Customization

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
Still not sure why my applications link doesn't work... Need a fix pretty bad. Also I have another question. Does anyone know how to change from outlook to another email client? I use gmail.

Thanks
Try going to Program Files / PointUI / Home and deleting the cache folder. It will rebuild the next time you open and should fix the problem. Here is the answer to your question about changing email.

New Features
  • - Weather update frequency now includes "Manual".
    - Customisation (yes, we are Aussies so spell it with an 's'): Media Player - ok, a little techy at this stage, but you can now specify the path of your media player in the registry:
    • - In the key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Pointui\Home\{your version} (i.e. version = 1.01b) create a new String value called App.Path.Media
      - You can include in your path {Windows}, {Programs}, {ProgramFiles} which will get replaced with your device specific folders but if you do use them then don't start the path with a backslash
      - The path can be to a shortcut or exe, and include spaces, but don't use any quotes
      - An example value is: {Windows}\wmplayer.exe
      - You don't need to restart Home for this change to kick in
    - Customisation: Email account
    • - You can specify a store name in a String value called App.Email.StoreName
      - This will then launch to the specified inbox instead of Outlook mail
      - The store name is CASE SENSITIVE
      - It doesn't appear to break if you enter a dodgy store name - just doesn't do anything
      - Unread message count indicator will be count of TOTAL emails across all accounts
      - You NEED TO RESTART Home for this one to kick in
    - Customisation: Tasks and Calendar
    • - You can specify an alternative app for Tasks and Calendar using the registry keys App.Path.Tasks and App.Path.Calendar
      - If the alternative app requires command line args then you can supply them with the corresponding keys App.Path.Tasks.Args and App.Path.Calendar.Args
    - Customisation: Phone
    • - To use an alternative dialer (or if your device has the problem of when you click the Phone icon it freezes for 8 seconds, then you can specify an alternative dialer (or any app really) using the registry key App.Path.Phone
    - Customisation: Lock Screen
    • - To use an alternative lock screen application you can set the registry key App.Path.LockScreen. This should provide a workaround for Smartphone users who cannot get out of our lock screen.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: AT&T

nbohmer is a n00b
Also here are my 2 cents on S2U2 and PointUI.

I personally use PointUI exclusively. Since they implemented the option to lock automatically I have not used S2U2. The main reason being that the PointUI locker functions fine by me. Also I dont have to have S2U2 running in the background sucking up precios memory.

However I am considering installing S2U2 again just for the caller id =)
Old 02-05-2008, 02:33 PM
VIP Member

Thanks nbohmer
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue