PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 04:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A fix for the "WVCI 1.1 aim" text message issue.

Now I have done some homework and researched what is causing this and came to the conclusion that it is being caused by OZ Instant Messenger.

Ever since I installed and then used and uninstalled OZ Instant Messaging on my Sprint Touch, I have been getting strange Text Messages that are all coming from the number 9103 and all say "WVCI 1.1 aim", usually about 40-50 a day since I uninstalled OZ Instant Messaging.

A simple fix for this is to reinstall OZ Instant Messaging, log on to any and all IM services that you may have used before, log out of all of them, exit OZ Instant Messaging, go to start/startup and remove the shortcut to instant messaging.

That'll do it for you. The cab file can be found in the second post of this thread.

Last edited by DHarvey; 02-01-2008 at 06:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
A quick diggin' into the ROM i found the shortcut to sprint site that lets you download the cab.

I attached it here.

rename by get rid of the .zip extension.

Haven't tried it so don't know if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PPC5.0_HTCV_Sprint_Prod.cab.zip (410.9 KB, 2422 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:46 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
A quick diggin' into the ROM i found the shortcut to sprint site that lets you download the cab.

I attached it here.

rename by get rid of the .zip extension.

Haven't tried it so don't know if it works.
Dude you're the best. Thanks so much.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
Ever since I installed and then used and uninstalled OZ Instant Messaging on my Sprint Touch, I have been getting strange Text Messages that are all coming from the number 9103 and all say "WVCI 1.1 aim", usually about 40-50 a day since I uninstalled OZ Instant Messaging.

Now I am running the WM6.1 ROM and do not have the link on the phone for the download for the particular OZ IM application I need to fix the issue because the link is not under programs.

Someone please help me who has downloaded the app and has the cab file saved on their phone as I do not want to have to go back to WM6 just to fix the OZ instant Messaging issue and then flash back. Thanks.
How are you going to fix this issue as I'm having the same problem with the text messages?
Old 02-01-2008, 05:24 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
How are you going to fix this issue as I'm having the same problem with the text messages?
The problem is caused when you uninstall OZ Instant Messenger or Hard-reset while still logged onto AIM. Reinstall the OZ Instant Messenger program from the attachment above and then log on and then log off of all messenger services and then exit the application.

Problem should be solved. Did it for me.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:12 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I changed the title since it still said that you were looking for the CAB.

Good find BTW, I was wondering what the heck those messages were...

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
I changed the title since it still said that you were looking for the CAB.

Good find BTW, I was wondering what the heck those messages were...
I'm merely doing my part to help the community the best I can. I can't donate and I'm not very knowledgable about building ROMs and working with kitchens so I figure whenever I can help I'm going to.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor
the file name says wm5, will it not work with wm6?
Old 02-04-2008, 03:03 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

It can and will work for WM6. It is the OZ Instant Messenger cab that is downloaded when you click on the Instant Messaging link in the programs menu on the stock Sprint Touch ROM.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:31 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybrf View Post
the file name says wm5, will it not work with wm6?
Most apps that are designed for WM5 work for WM6 and that is why no newer versions with WM6 on the name have been released.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue