PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diam0nd
Carrier: Sprint

iampepito is keeping up the good workiampepito is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where are the custom ROMs?

Where can I find some good custom ROMS? Because my phone is boring with this stock ROM and JD's ROM is buggy.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro, TP2, EVO 4G, Evo 3d

Cutta-Boi is becoming a great contributor
Wow! for real. half the fun of flashing your phone is the hunt. Or even better learning to cook your own ROM. If you dont like your own you've got no one to blame but yourself.

currently I'm running dcd's 1.6.10 I did have the 3.16 but found the data connection suspect.

between this site and xda you should be able to find something
Old 01-31-2008, 07:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutta-Boi View Post
Wow! for real. half the fun of flashing your phone is the hunt. Or even better learning to cook your own ROM. If you dont like your own you've got no one to blame but yourself.
Here here! I am learning/building my own ROM. It's very time consuming, but well worth the hassle IMO. Who knows... if I get good enough, I could share it with everyone
Old 01-31-2008, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diam0nd
Threadstarter

iampepito is keeping up the good workiampepito is keeping up the good work
I have the 6900 just have been too lazy to change/add 6900. Anyways, theres PLENTY of Titan ROMS which I used to have... which is why i'm so disapointed in the Touch section. As far as cooking my own ROM.. its still very vague on how or whats the more user friendly option as far as cooking goes. Between ppcgeeks and XDA forums theres probably about 3 decent (mind you) roms. Its has nothing to do with "hunting" because its a completely different ballgame when you have the CMDA "Vogue" from Sprint.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampepito View Post
I have the 6900 just have been too lazy to change/add 6900. Anyways, theres PLENTY of Titan ROMS which I used to have... which is why i'm so disapointed in the Touch section. As far as cooking my own ROM.. its still very vague on how or whats the more user friendly option as far as cooking goes. Between ppcgeeks and XDA forums theres probably about 3 decent (mind you) roms. Its has nothing to do with "hunting" because its a completely different ballgame when you have the CMDA "Vogue" from Sprint.
I'm not trying to sound like an ass over this, but if you are "so disappointed" in Vogue ROMs... you might want to step up to the plate and do something about it. I know that is what I am trying to do by learning how to build a ROM. There is a lot of whining and b00n-ness in the Vogue forum, I think it has to do to the fact that this phone is *still* rather new to this community.

As far as the kitchens are concerned, (more or less) they are the same approach. It just bottom lines to the fact that there is a time requirement to build one and the necessity to actually sit down and learn something rather than pointing and clicking. I feel that there is an art to this since we don't have a GUI-based kitchen for the Titan or the Vogue. Because of this, I think more thanks needs to go to the people leading this battle (Cokeman, DogGuy, etc).

Again, I don't mean to incite anything, but complaining doesn't help the community in any way. I guess I have read too much of it lol. I apologize in advance if anyone gets upset over this *end rant*
Old 02-01-2008, 01:52 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
The Vogue is much newer than the 6800, that explains the "lack" of custom ROMs.

As a matter of fact, the Vogue got an unlocker much faster than the 6800 did thanks to ImCoKeMan.

Remember we don't have much to work with as there has been no official ROM for the Vogue released. However, there are ROMs out here....

Heck, no2chem just posted a very beta ROM with WM 6.1!!!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
The Vogue is much newer than the 6800, that explains the "lack" of custom ROMs.

As a matter of fact, the Vogue got an unlocker much faster than the 6800 did thanks to ImCoKeMan.

Remember we don't have much to work with as there has been no official ROM for the Vogue released. However, there are ROMs out here....

Heck, no2chem just posted a very beta ROM with WM 6.1!!!
Exactly!

Now that you mentioned it, you are so right about Cokeman coming through with an unlocker for us!

I have been tempted to install the 6.1 beta just for the heck of it, but I want to wait for something a little more stable lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue