PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

avhokie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Mobile Email not working?

I have Sprint Mobile Email configured to push my emails from my Hotmail account to my Touch. For the past 4 or 5 days, it hasn't been pushing anything. The first time I noticed the problem, I did a manual "send/receive" and it said that my password had changed (it had not) and I needed to re-enter it.

I realized again this morning that it's not getting emails, so I did a "send/receive" again and this time it didn't complain about a password. It just downloaded all my new mail. But the push part is still not working...
Old 01-25-2008, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor
I used the program for several weeks and came to the conclusion that it really isn't very good. It was inconstant, at best, and was actually slowing the speed of my Touch down. I am in the process of trying different push email solutions.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

caifalex is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
I used the program for several weeks and came to the conclusion that it really isn't very good. It was inconstant, at best, and was actually slowing the speed of my Touch down. I am in the process of trying different push email solutions.
is the only advantage of using "push-email" the fact that you get your e-mails 'real-time'? If I were to check my email and just hit send/receive, it would fetch my messages and all I would lose by not having push is the time between when it was sent and when I checked it, correct?

Is that what a blackberry plan is all about? bc if it is, i don't think it's worth 30 dollars extra!
Old 01-25-2008, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

avhokie is a n00b
I don't know about the Blackberry, but yes the different between push email and pull email is that push email is supposed to show up instantly, while pull email is retrieved on a periodic basis (usually configurable) or manually.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jlaudio is a n00b
I had the same issue for a week or two. Did a hard reset and then it worked. Not a bad program but not the perfect.

Blackberry is totally different. They are push email god's. Blackberrys push so well that they often show up on the phone before your outlook or web mail even receives them. Best push email available.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

avhokie is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaudio View Post
Blackberry is totally different. They are push email god's. Blackberrys push so well that they often show up on the phone before your outlook or web mail even receives them. Best push email available.
Until recently, my work emails (Exchange) showed up on my Touch before they showed up in Outlook. But now it seems like it lags, even though I haven't made any changes to my Touch in a couple of weeks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue